Ghost town

antony1969

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
HE doesn't visit Chatterbox anymore :-S..................I have to go to Motorhome Matters to be abused now days :D........

Guest pelmetman

Frank is quite a character your Lordship ;-).....................he joined under the pseudonym "Had Enough"............ with a declared agenda of driving off the forum people he considered were lowering the tone with the quality of their input 8-).......................I was one of those HE considers a blight on the forum :D..........

The best bit is ;-)....................Had Enough was subsequently discovered to be non other than former forum member........ Frank Wilkinson........ who had been banned from this very forum for his own input (lol) (lol) (lol)

You have to smile at the irony >:-)............

LordThornber - 2014-03-18 5:30 PM

Who's Frank please, did I miss someone good or a b****y nightmare? :D

So in answer to your question . the second one (a B###~ N###

we lost some valuable contributors , especially Bruce ,who was most helpful on all things Spainish, as he lives there.

PJay

PS Pelmetman is Ok really, just take some of it tounge in cheek, at least he is not nasty

Ahh, THAT Frank, and Bruce has gone too eh? That's a shame, it's amazing the changes that take place when you're off the scene for two and bit years.

Frank was hilarious at times, downright rude at others, he was about when I first joined this Forum.

Martyn (Still finding my feet) :-|

Yes Frank Wilkinson - of Frank Wilkinson Cameras - he must have single handedly reduced the firms turnover with his puerile belligerence.

Seems to have run off and hid after being outed on the Motorhome Maters Thread when members of ANOTHER Forum where his amazing behaviour resulted in a ban there - realised he had popped up on here under an assumed name/identity and told him what is what.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/campsite-loos-are-they-important-to-you-/34152/211/

As I said on that thread "fascinating".....................

Frank would make a good subject for a Psychologists PhD thesis. *-)

Guest pelmetman
capcloser - 2014-03-18 7:54 PM

So no one misses his merry banter then----- :'(

HE is a fascinating though ;-).......................Just imagine if we were rich and successful............we could be just like Frank 8-).............

antony1969 - 2014-03-18 7:37 PM

Welcome back Martyn from me by the way too ( even if your from the red dark side )

Let's hope Chatterbox can get back to somewhere we're it used to be , it's a sad day when we can't discuss any topic on here is it not ?

Cheers Antony, agree entirely on the topic range, I've said it countless times though, it's the keyboard warriors that'll spoil it for the rest of us.

Choose your weapon

Uk van v continental

PVC v coachbuilt

Site v Aire v Wild

Hook up v 12v

Let battles/insults/etc begin.

Or you could just make intelligent comments based on experiences?

Martyn 8-)

Guest peter
CliveH - 2014-03-18 7:23 PM

Yes Frank Wilkinson - of Frank Wilkinson Cameras - he must have single handedly reduced the firms turnover with his puerile belligerence.

Seems to have run off and hid after being outed on the Motorhome Maters Thread when members of ANOTHER Forum where his amazing behaviour resulted in a ban there - realised he had popped up on here under an assumed name/identity and told him what is what.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/campsite-loos-are-they-important-to-you-/34152/211/

Bugger!....................I must have missed that thread. It looks like it was a really enjoyable debate and answered all the O/P's queries in a balanced and sober tone. I'm sure I could have also made as useful a contribution to the thread as my old mate Frank. Oh how he makes me laugh with his witty repartee and playful little jibes and condescension of anybody who unwittingly has an alternative view. But as Tracker would say "it's all just a little bit of friendly banter" You know he doesn't mean to upset anybody. (lol) (lol) (lol)

By the way Clive.......Frank was not outed on that thread, I thought everybody knew exactly who HE is. Blimey If I remember correctly, I intimated as much at least a year ago.

Are you getting a bit slow on the uptake Clive or have you been over imbibing the red wine again. Frank did warn you about it's effects ages ago. :D

Guest pelmetman
LordThornber - 2014-03-18 8:49 PM

Eh? 8-).................

This is Chatterbox Martyn :D..........

Guest peter
LordThornber - 2014-03-18 8:49 PM

antony1969 - 2014-03-18 7:37 PM

Welcome back Martyn from me by the way too ( even if your from the red dark side )

Let's hope Chatterbox can get back to somewhere we're it used to be , it's a sad day when we can't discuss any topic on here is it not ?

Cheers Antony, agree entirely on the topic range, I've said it countless times though, it's the keyboard warriors that'll spoil it for the rest of us.

Choose your weapon

Uk van v continental

PVC v coachbuilt

Site v Aire v Wild

Hook up v 12v

Let battles/insults/etc begin.

Martyn 8-)

Welcome back. You missed the topic most likely to induce apoplexy in some forumites. The dreaded A FRAME.

peter - 2014-03-18 8:51 PM

CliveH - 2014-03-18 7:23 PM

Bugger!....................I must have missed that thread. It looks like it was a really enjoyable debate and answered all the O/P's queries in a balanced and sober tone. I'm sure I could have also made as useful a contribution to the thread as my old mate Frank. Oh how he makes me laugh with his witty repartee and playful little jibes and condescension of anybody who unwittingly has an alternative view. But as Tracker would say "it's all just a little bit of friendly banter" You know he doesn't mean to upset anybody. (lol) (lol) (lol)

By the way Clive.......Frank was not outed on that thread, I thought everybody knew exactly who HE is. Blimey If I remember correctly, I intimated as much at least a year ago.

Are you getting a bit slow on the uptake Clive or have you been over imbibing the red wine again. Frank did warn you about it's effects ages ago. :D

"outed" was probably the wrong term - what happened on the thread was a guy who identified HE as someone who had played the same silly games on another Forum and had been banned - just as Frank had been banned on here - only to emerge later with a new identity.

So whilst we all knew who HE was - it was "fascinating" to read how another Forum had dealt with him.

And yes - it may be the Rioja effecting my aim - but just as likely the lack of it 8-) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest peter
You would love it down in Spain Clive, you can get a Rioja for as little as 68 cents a bottle. Just think of it you could get ratarsed every night for less than one Euro. Just shows what a rip off wine is in the U/K. >:-)

Yes - I know Peter - one of my ambitions is to actually visit and explore that region - we have done most of the classic areas of Spain - though I am sure many places we have "skimmed over" - but one area in particular that we have never done is any of the regions to the south of the Pyrenees to the east of Santander.

We always got off the ferry and headed West as we love the Picos de Europa.

The wine is still good there with a great selection we do not see in the UK ! :-D - and not expensive :-D :-D :-D

Archived