Ghost town

antony1969

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2014-03-19 7:38 PM

I'm looking less and less on the forum due to how bloody slow it keeps going. :'( It's getting a pain in the a**e

Dave

Warners are trying to keep the riff raff off ;-).........................it works fine for me :D............

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordThornber - 2014-03-18 8:49 PM

antony1969 - 2014-03-18 7:37 PM

Welcome back Martyn from me by the way too ( even if your from the red dark side )

Let's hope Chatterbox can get back to somewhere we're it used to be , it's a sad day when we can't discuss any topic on here is it not ?

Cheers Antony, agree entirely on the topic range, I've said it countless times though, it's the keyboard warriors that'll spoil it for the rest of us.

Choose your weapon

hi I'm relatively new on here but that didnt prevent abuse from both one foot and HA,on that subject you forgot dogs and dole scroungers lol

Uk van v continental

PVC v coachbuilt

Site v Aire v Wild

Hook up v 12v

Let battles/insults/etc begin.

Or you could just make intelligent comments based on experiences?

Martyn 8-)

>:-)

Guest pelmetman
capcloser - 2014-03-19 8:20 PM

LordThornber - 2014-03-18 8:49 PM

antony1969 - 2014-03-18 7:37 PM

Welcome back Martyn from me by the way too ( even if your from the red dark side )

Let's hope Chatterbox can get back to somewhere we're it used to be , it's a sad day when we can't discuss any topic on here is it not ?

Cheers Antony, agree entirely on the topic range, I've said it countless times though, it's the keyboard warriors that'll spoil it for the rest of us.

Choose your weapon

hi I'm relatively new on here but that didnt prevent abuse from both one foot and HA,on that subject you forgot dogs and dole scroungers lol

Uk van v continental

PVC v coachbuilt

Site v Aire v Wild

Hook up v 12v

Let battles/insults/etc begin.

Or you could just make intelligent comments based on experiences?

Martyn 8-)

>:-)

Oh yeah... Martyn :-S....................We forgot to mention..................We've restarted the War of the Roses 8-)

So you need to declare to whom you owe your loyalties ;-)............

Signed

Dave the Yorkshire Cockney :->

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2014-03-19 8:52 PM

How can you start it when we already won it? 8-) Go and live in Scotland then come September you'll be free from the shame... :-D :-D

Dave 2door

If our politicians can restart old wars..............Iraq......Afghanistan..........and now the Cold War 8-)...............then us Yorkshire folk reserve the right to restart a punch up over flowers ;-)...............

Dande(the)lion heart Dave B-)

Guest peter
pelmetman - 2014-03-19 7:47 PM

nowtelse2do - 2014-03-19 7:38 PM

I'm looking less and less on the forum due to how bloody slow it keeps going. :'( It's getting a pain in the a**e

Dave

Warners are trying to keep the riff raff off ;-).........................it works fine for me :D............

That's because you are still using a 386 laptop, so wouldn't notice the speed, or lack of. :D

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2014-03-19 10:30 PM

Hey, what's this Miss Piggy (papillon) ?

You're not hinting that you and Sue are proud new parent's are you. Does she look like you then 8-) :D :D

nonerelated Dave :-D

She's my inheritance from the old man ;-)............... after knocking on deaths door for 30 years.........Death finally heard him last month and let him in :-| ...................

Although it appears I got the short straw..........as my inheritance will cost me money *-)..............

Clearing out his house in Spain before the bank (equity release) took it back was interesting 8-)..............As the only thing we found of value was a £500 bottle of Whiskey B-).....................

and a Vibrator :$............................Strangely none of my family wanted it :D...........

Sorry to hear about your pop Dave. Lot's of mixed memory's when clearing out your parents house, certainly was for me. What do you keep or what do you throw away. :-S

Did the vibrator have an A frame attached or was it the zimmer type, could be useful for you if the latter :D

Dave

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2014-03-20 1:03 PM

Sorry to hear of your Dad's departure, at least he had 30 years in the sun and you did get Horace after all so all was not lost ... and I bet the Whiskey's nearly gone hasn't it!

Not quite Mel ;-)..................Horace came from FIL he was only 64.................My Dad worked until he was 70 they sold up and moved out to Spain in 2004...........the same year I semi retired :D.............

The whiskey is being sold to add to the pot...............as in 10 years the old fella had got through over 150k as there's only 10k left 8-).............so between us siblings we may get 3k each once all the contents have been sold.......................not even enough for a "Bargain Banger" :D...............but next years winter in the sun is sorted B-).................and we're keeping his old car on the road for siblings us to use when we're out there, as apparently you insure the car not the driver :-> ...........

pelmetman - 2014-03-20 7:51 AM

nowtelse2do - 2014-03-19 10:30 PM

Hey, what's this Miss Piggy (papillon) ?

You're not hinting that you and Sue are proud new parent's are you. Does she look like you then 8-) :D :D

nonerelated Dave :-D

She's my inheritance from the old man ;-)............... after knocking on deaths door for 30 years.........Death finally heard him last month and let him in :-| ...................

Although it appears I got the short straw..........as my inheritance will cost me money *-)..............

Clearing out his house in Spain before the bank (equity release) took it back was interesting 8-)..............As the only thing we found of value was a £500 bottle of Whiskey B-).....................

and a Vibrator :$............................Strangely none of my family wanted it :D..........

HI Dave you never told me about the vibrator you know I can sell a few things ,hope you are both well

john and mary

Guest pelmetman
LordThornber - 2014-03-20 1:35 PM

Hey Dave, sorry to hear about your loss.

The vibrator though, I'm quite comfortable plonking it on ebay for you 8-)

Del Trotter.

Sorry Martyn it was skipped...........................I did briefly think of mounting it............on Horace... Unicorn like on his over cab, as some new fangled motorhome gadget ...................Just to see what comments I got :D......

Guest pelmetman
jonsea - 2014-03-20 2:24 PM

HI Dave you never told me about the vibrator you know I can sell a few things ,hope you are both well

john and mary

Did I not?..................I'm regretting skipping it now :D............as I suspect not many of them get handed down through the generations (lol)...........

Whats the weather like?...............although I can guess..............warm and sunny? ;-)

pelmetman - 2014-03-20 2:35 PM

jonsea - 2014-03-20 2:24 PM

john and mary

Did I not?..................I'm regretting skipping it now :D............as I suspect not many of them get handed down through the generations (lol)...........

Whats the weather like?...............although I can guess..............warm and sunny? ;-)[/quote

Yes very nice a bit windy but you no me I cant help it ,on the way back next Thursday john

Guest pelmetman
CliveH - 2014-03-20 4:00 PM

Hi Dave - I too am sorry to hear about your Dad.

And goodness knows - I hate Equity Release schemes with a passion >:-(

As for the equity release he did do it just before the property crash Clive >:-).................

So the bank like me ended up with a dog 8-).....................

Quite where the money went....... will be a family debate for another day :-|.................but I suspect I will never know ;-)...............as in theory I'm the wealthy one 8-).............

My siblings have yet to learn the art of thrift (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2014-03-20 1:53 PM

Sorry to hear about your pop Dave. Lot's of mixed memory's when clearing out your parents house, certainly was for me. What do you keep or what do you throw away. :-S

It was not unexpected Dave..............as some will recall we'd spent a lot of time the previous winter at Torri hospital........... and then they said he could have 2 weeks 2 months or 2 years, so I guess a extra year is a bonus :-|...........

He had Sunday lunch with us at the camper.............Tuesday he was taken ill.............Gallstones..........deja vu eh 8-)............but given all his other ailments they were the straw that broke the camels back...............and he popped his clogs on Saturday morning....................Monday he was cremated 8-).............

Yet the death certificate takes a month :-S.................that's Spain for you *-).............the paperwork is slow ;-)

Sorry about your dad dave as you know i lost my dad in spain on boxing day,the old bugger left nothing he managed to drink all his money before he went to the saloon in the sky or dare i say somewhere a bit lower---Turns out i have a younger brother i never met i think he is more like dad than i am,him and his missus went over cleared the flat and scarpered without attending his funeral,aint families great! >:-)

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2014-03-20 5:46 PM

Sorry to hear of your pops Dave , seems it's something you were kind of expecting

Your old did it the right way for me though spend it while ya can

Thanks Antony....... and thanks to everyone else who have offered their condolences I have been somewhat remiss :$.................to be honest............even though I receive irrefutable proof every morning when I have a shave............that I am the product of his loins...........our thought processes could not have been more different 8-).............

But whilst I agree he did spend it ;-)...................I'm not convinced he enjoyed it :-S............indeed I'm sure he and my mother wasted their retirement on conspicuous consumption *-)........... not on "enjoying" the fruits of their labour :-|....................

Guest pelmetman
capcloser - 2014-03-20 5:48 PM

Sorry about your dad dave as you know i lost my dad in spain on boxing day,the old bugger left nothing he managed to drink all his money before he went to the saloon in the sky or dare i say somewhere a bit lower---Turns out i have a younger brother i never met i think he is more like dad than i am,him and his missus went over cleared the flat and scarpered without attending his funeral,aint families great! >:-)

Your brother..........He's not a JW is he? ;-)..........

Archived