fridge freezer

nasher

Hi There, We have a Burstner 674G, this motorhome has a fridge freezer but the freezer compartment

is tiny.

We were thinking of buying a Dometic B40 fridge freezer 40 litre capacity.

The idea is to run the B40 from the 300watt invertor which is powered by the solar panel (size unknown)

physical size is 1 metre squared.

Leisure battery is 110 amp, the idea is to run this set up wnen not on hook up.

Question is would it work?

Why would you want to run it from an inverter when it has a 12V input?

From the spec:- 12v 48 watts, 230v 65 watts.

They don't appear to state average consumption so if you took a guess at say 36W ave over 24 hours that would take 72 a/h out of your battery. Your solar panel could be around 100W which on a good sunny day may give 50-60 a/h more realistic 30 a/h and we are taking about mid summer.

I would say not on unless you at least doubled your battery up and added at least another 100w solar panel even then probably only viable in mid summer.

They don't make it obvious couldn't see that mentioned couldn't even find the product on the Domectic site.

If thats the case probably another 30 a/h a day I think you are onto a looser you really need a gas solution I seem to remember there were some gas/ electric ones around a some years ago I think there were by Camping Gaz.

Edit:

Dometic RC1180, discontinued in the UK but still available in other countries, may still be some UK stock about it's not cheap about £450.

Archived