new tv

capcloser

Hi everyone we've bought a new tv,so what you say,well its so good i had to tell you about it.Its a Samsung 22inch smart tv and its brilliant,the picture is perfect,the remote is easy to us,the smart side has on demand channels plus apps face-ache,youtube,samsung on line help etc,it was £259,delivered from amazon in two days,oh it uses 30watts which ain't too bad.Old tv was a teknica from tescos 19inch,ok i thought but honestly no comparison to the Samsung 8-)

Didn't actually get it for streaming films etc as you say far too much data usage but handy for accessing stuff from my laptop music videos pictures and it is handy for quickly checking facebook without getting laptop out and checking my emails thats enough for us,even without using the smart side it is a very good tv with an amazing hd picture which is really why we got it and the price was ok.Plugged the memory stick from old tv in and can now record stuff from freeview which we couldn't before,we generally use freesat box which has a large hard drive but freeview has some channels that freesat doesn't and vice versa,just watched QI from last night cos there ain't a lot on when we get home from work at 6.30 am,never watch the news cos its too depressing lol :-(

capcloser - 2014-03-25 7:24 PM

Thanks one foot will check that out and welcome back you stir us all up but at least you keep us thinking which keeps the old brain exercised,it had got a bit boring on here! Lol

One foot ! When did he get back ? Where is he ? What alien form has he taken on this time ?

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2014-03-25 7:46 PM

Thanks one foot will check that out and welcome back you stir us all up but at least you keep us thinking which keeps the old brain exercised,it had got a bit boring on here! Lol

One foot ! When did he get back ? Where is he ? What alien form has he taken on this time ?

Eddy the Eagle Richards ;-).................He's risen like the Phoenix from the ashes :D...........

pelmetman - 2014-03-25 8:04 PM

Eddy the Eagle Richards ;-).................He's risen like the Phoenix from the ashes :D...........

I just thought he'd got his dates mixed up and was doing his Hajj pilgrimage

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2014-03-25 8:07 PM

He went................but Bradford was shut :D.................

pelmetman - 2014-03-25 8:11 PM

Haha Dave , best not to say anymore on the subject or it may trigger the sensitive word alarm system Chatterbox HQ had installed

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2014-03-25 8:16 PM

Haha Dave , best not to say anymore on the subject or it may trigger the sensitive word alarm system Chatterbox HQ had installed

I'm tempted to trigger it Antony ;-).................as it'll bring John47 flying in from his bigot cave............and then we'll have a right old Chatterbox punch up........ like in the olden days :D................

pelmetman - 2014-03-25 8:25 PM

antony1969 - 2014-03-25 8:16 PM

I'm tempted to trigger it Antony ;-).................as it'll bring John47 flying in from his bigot cave............and then we'll have a right old Chatterbox punch up........ like in the olden days :D................

Sounds good Dave , seems I'm in the crap with Judge and Jury Mental and Mel B over on MM anyway as I have said the most frightfully awful and disrespectful thing ever so I might aswel go the whole hog

Guest pelmetman
Symbol Owner - 2014-03-25 8:33 PM

John 47? A bigot Dave? Nay sir, he's a jolly good bloke -- it would be great to have him back for a decent natter!

Cheers,

Colin.

Just trying to flush him out Colin ;-).....................Besides he's anti bigots............so that makes him a bigot to? (lol).....

pelmetman - 2014-03-25 8:44 PM

Just trying to flush him out Colin ;-).....................Besides he's anti bigots............so that makes him a bigot too? (lol).....

Oh, I don't think so, Dave,Just because he can 'bigot-spot' it doesn't mean that he's one as well, does it?(?)

It would be good if we could 'flush him out' though.......................

Colin.

One foot I've disconnected tv from the internet,seems to using about 300mbs a day just sitting there,thats more than i use surfing the web and posting on here a day,we try and use about 3gb a month cos mobile broadband is quite expensive,oh well it still has features we like and i can always connect if i want to lol

Sounds a great bit of kit.

I dunno about everyone else but I find myself more and more just watching stuff on the laptop. I hardly ever watch a normal telly except on the odd occasion I sit down next to the wife and even she has a netbook now.

You can pretty much watch anything you like online. Any series, any film etc for free if you know where to look and bbci player is superb even on low bandwidth. Filmon lets you watch UK tv in the van abroad.

When roaming rates are gone and 4G and wifi is improved everywhere how long before the traditional TV is gone for ever? Certainly in the house it has for me.

I connect via a hubba,basically a 3g booster using a 3 data sim12gb for 12 months costing £70 use as you like,may look in to a contract deal should work out a lot cheaper,checked usage with tv offline and used about 20mbs since yesterday! Got to stop this obsession with gadgets lol >:-)

Archived