Finally taken the plunge

caplee

Hi everybody,

Well after a couple of years of do we, don't we, we have finally taken the plunge and bought our first motorhome!

Not knowing how often we can escape or if it was something I would really enjoy we backed out of buying a new van to prevent possible future tears. So, the second hand route was to be the way ahead and today we have just purchased a LHD defleffes advantage globetrotter. It is a 2002 model and looks great and drives well too, I think we will be happy with it.

So now I need to start doing some research into what caravaning clubs to join and which discount cards to buy. Any info would be appreciated.

We currently live in Germany but will be returning to Leuchars in Scotland mid next year. Wild camping research is also on my list of things to look at.

Leanne x

Guest pelmetman
ADAC for breakdowns...........ACIS for cheap camping of season.............and All the Aires book........Is all you need for now ;-).....................apart from a full fuel tank and the time to use it :D............

Well done, you will soon wonder why you didn't take that plunge years ago. Best wishes for years of fun.

I wouldn't sign up to things until you know you are gong to use them. Just enjoy a few ' dummy runs' to sort out how it all works and the world will be your oyster.

Hi, congratulations on jumping in and sincerely hope you enjoy the "new"van.

Others may disagree, but my recomended clubs are Camping and Caravanning clubs for their "meets"..cheep get togethers in numerous places in the uk, Caravan Club for weekend rallies, both for their CL and CS site lists, and of course there are other similar options, like Briitstops, France Passion,

Hope your van behaves as well as expected, good luck and enjoy it.

tonyg3nwl

Hi and congrats on your very sensible buy :-D dont join any clubs until you are back in the U.K as the membership needs renewing every twelve months.

One of the books we use all the time is the Bord Atlas German Stalplatz if you go on to Vicarious books you will find lots of guides including All the Aires France and the ~ACSI sites book. You will know about the umwelt sticker for the omissions in German cities ? we sent for ours but I understand you can obtain them from Garages in Germany, about 5 or 6 eur .

Make sure you are aware of your weight and payload any more info you need just ask away the Gents on here will be of more help as to what else user wise you need to know.. ;-)

Archived