fiat ducato

Forester

As an aside, what strange places were people born ... me, in my Nan's pre-fab (in 1963 that is, they built things to last well after the war!). Howardtcz - cheeky devil about the cushions! If a woman had designed the van in the first place they'd be easy to fit!

I sense danger here. Possibly on both flanks. Could even be pre planned, and if that wasn,t bad enough iv,e got to keep checking the dictionary in case I make any more spelling mistakes. Whats the best approach though. Bluff. Grovel. Maybe I could blind them with science. No. This pair are too smart for that. Maybe if I waffle on long enough they will lose interest. Maybe a detailed account of having that camera up the rear end a fortnight ago, or how i,m worried about my teeth falling out as they seemed to have loosened up lately. Lets get rid of the dictionary first or i,ll be here all night. Dad was always good with words. I remember him taking me to one side as a youngster and explaining safe sex to me. It was embarrassing for him, but as the girl three doors down had already shown me the ins and outs so to speak I didn,t mind. He started off with the usual gaffs. Make sure the handbrakes on, always give someone elses name and address, that sort of thing, but two things he said have always stuck in my mind. First he told me to put it in doubled over. Is that safe dad I said. 100% son he replied, but you end up not knowing if you are coming or going. I miss my dad. Not many people know this, but he started the second World War. I follow my dad in many ways, and in my eyes he will always be tops. The other bit of adviSe he gave me was to always keep at least one foot on the floor. I never gave this much thought until two years ago when I spent the entire summer with my right leg encased in plaster from hip to ankle. (This part is true, and no, im not giving any explanations, you,ll have to use your own imaginations) I wonder if M&M have given up yet and gone to bed. If anybody from MMM is reading this, then you have my full permission to place this message in the your letters section. this also applies to the c.c. magazine. Make a refreshing change from how to keep the plonk cool while travelling through France don,t you think. Anyway, I think i,ve answered all your queries, and as the Prime Minister would say, time to put this all behind us and move on. Howard

To anybody who is interested in reliviving the days of ww2+40s they are all in uniforms/dress from kids to vets.You can talk/ask them Qs see the dress& weapons of the army/navy/airforce of most countrys  that fought during the war years, there will also be cars/transport/tanks spivs ladies in dress ect incl street singers all this is FREE to joe public. The town is Pickering in Yorkshire the dates are 15/16 Oct. Try it its a couple of free days out mingle with us & talk to us we don't bite.ps if any of you are going let me know.The whole town turns itself over to the 40s incl shops. The only prob is It's booked up for years in advance for b&bs camping spaces. You have to get there early, we will be there sat/sun I reccommend anyone to go to the event, It is held on Sat/Sun .  

This Tug Wilson the wrestler. Something rings a bell somewhere Wayne. I dont know if you remember, but back in the sixtys there was a wrestling show with Kent Walton on itv. Saturday afternoons I think but not to sure. This is all a bit vague, but I do remember Mick Mcmanus, Masumbula and of course Big Daddy. Just wondering if Tug was part of this set up. Howard.

[QUOTE]Mel B - 2006-09-13 8:55 PM As an aside, what strange places were people born ... me, in my Nan's pre-fab (in 1963 that is, they built things to last well after the war!). Howardtcz - cheeky devil about the cushions! If a woman had designed the van in the first place they'd be easy to fit![/QUOTE] Hiya Mel. A few miles from us, theres a small estate of about forty prefabs. Considering they were built just after the war, they have stood the test of time quite well. They are constructed of corrugated asbestos over steel frames and they look as if they will last another 60 years as the owners seem to take great pride in their upkeep. The local authorities have tried a few times to get them demolished, but they are still there. Just thought that places like this, much the same as where you were born, and still going strong, would be of interest to you. Howard.

Strange how little things stick in your mind Wayne. I used to watch this show as in those days it was a real novelty. More entertaining though was watching Gran throwing every punch and go through every half nelson from the comfort of her fireside chair. This, along with the odd swear word was a source of constant amusement to all the family. As for the prefabs, considering they were built only as emergency accommodation, and with a expected lifetime of 10/15 years, then i,m supprised so many are still standing. No doubt officialdom will bulldoze the lot eventually, but as they say, nostalgia ain,t what it used to be. Howard...............By the way. How has Maggie taken to the great outdoors. Hope she likes it to.

Archived