Autocruise Augusta 2009

Carolmonkey

Hi, cannot quite understand your query, using an appropriate hose connected to the mains tap the water flows into the Motorhome tank without any difficulty, but maybe I am missing something in your question.

Gerry

Yes, you probably have a 'Truma Crystal 2' inlet fresh water filler, as I had on my Autocruise Starlet 2

with a submersable pump and a short hose ?

What you need is an ordinary filler hose, but on the 'Van' end, put one of these :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRUMA-CARVER-CRYSTAL-MK2-PUMP-CONNECTOR-PART-NO-40060-60800PK-CARAVAN-MOTORHOME-/151170226819?pt=UK_TravelTickets_Accessories_RL&hash=item2332729a83

And just connect it into your ordinary inlet, turn on tap, (but not FULL on, as the fittings inside the van, are not designed for FULL mains pressure).

The supplied pump and hose are good for topping up, with an approriate water carrier, if you don't fancy moving the van to the water tap. This is one of the 'Eccentric' things that Autocruise did, although some other manufacturers fitted them too. Some folk replaced them with a standard water filler Like This :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZADI-WATER-FILLER-CAP-WHITE-tank-connector-motorhome-caravan-camper-van-horsebox-/141228516254?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=

Good luck! Ray

;-)

We previously had a caravan but that got too much for my husband who has emphysemia, therefore we bought a motorhome, we have now changed from a fixed bed to one with twin beds, because of his illness we are unable to fetch water in containers and like to fill from a mains tap, we are picking the motorhome up tomorrow and are hoping the dealer has fitted something on to the van for us to be able to do this.

The best resolution would be the dealer swapping the Truma Crystal Filler assy. for a conventional one, as the problem means you will not be able to use it with water containers (as with a caravan).

The van has an internal Pump, so doesn't need the submersable one as a well. Ray

Archived