Nec Birmingham

Thewad

Hi

The main visitor car park(think it's called the leisure centre car park but check the council website) in Stratford on Avon allows motor homes to park day and night. £3 over nite last Saturday, when we stayed there after visit to NEC and on our way to Cornwall.

it is about a 5 min walk into town if you fancy a beer or bite to eat and 1/2 hour to NEC.

All the best

HWO

Bulletguy - 2014-04-06 2:53 PM

Blimey.

Reading through all "The Rules" i'm surprised anyone bothers to go! It reminded me more of going back to work.....hardly what i'd call a fun day out! :'(

Have I missed something ?

You said you didn't want an official stop, but there is a CL at Blythe Waters, Knowle. When it is full, people use the carpark for which they are charged, but there are locking gates which have a key pad. Maybe a better option on a Friday night when all the boozers are out. The CL is about a 10min driver from the Nec. :-D

Thewad - 2014-04-06 6:22 PM

Bulletguy - 2014-04-06 2:53 PM

Blimey.

Reading through all "The Rules" i'm surprised anyone bothers to go! It reminded me more of going back to work.....hardly what i'd call a fun day out! :'(

Have I missed something ?

Lol.....no i just noticed you aren't going to the Motorhome Show, just the NEC itself so you will be ok! *-)

Thewad - 2014-04-10 8:16 PM

Well if I don't ask I never know here goes, what's a CL ?

CL = Certified Location = site with basic amenities = tap + dumping facilities ( maybe electrics ) for members of Caravan Club.

CS = Certified Site + same sort of thing for Campimng & Caravanning Club members

Both usually restricted to just a few units.

;-)

Hawcara - 2014-04-06 7:31 PM

You said you didn't want an official stop, but there is a CL at Blythe Waters, Knowle. When it is full, people use the carpark for which they are charged, but there are locking gates which have a key pad. Maybe a better option on a Friday night when all the boozers are out. The CL is about a 10min driver from the Nec. :-D

Don't suppose you have a post code ?

HWO - 2014-04-06 3:06 PM

Hi

The main visitor car park(think it's called the leisure centre car park but check the council website) in Stratford on Avon allows motor homes to park day and night. £3 over nite last Saturday, when we stayed there after visit to NEC and on our way to Cornwall.

it is about a 5 min walk into town if you fancy a beer or bite to eat and 1/2 hour to NEC.

All the best

HWO

Same question do you have a post code thanks ?

harry the horse - 2014-04-06 5:45 PM

Try the Toby pub restaurant on the junction of the A45/452 island, only 10 minutes to the NEC. Never stayed myself, but many 'MH's overnight there, I see them as I go to work.

This is what I meant to press, just looked at this on google earth not sure if ok, as Barriers and cameras on entrance and exits,don't want it get shut in :'(

Hi Ian

Thanks for that I was referring to the Toby pub and I did check out last night and you need a'token' to exit so did not chance my luck managed to find a small 'village' and parked jus by a pub no problems.

• 2 weeks later...
olley - 2014-04-11 This is the councils page for the leisure centre carpark, ... https://www.stratford.gov.uk/transport/riverside.cfm Ian

This is pretty good for a council to permit Motorcaravans in a carpark. Don't be put off by 2Ton limit signs. There's a dedicated area for M.caravans and caravans at the end furthest from entrance. I used a double bay to get level (as did 5 other units) and had no problem with warden, - just a cheery wave as he inspected our P&D ticket

Rates last weekend were £10/24 hr or £20/72 hr OR just £2 o-night period 16:30 till 08:00

This week is 450th anniversary of Shakespear's birthday so the town (and I suspect car park too) will be FULL. LOTs of celebrations.

IF you stay here take plenty £1 coins & be sure to get your P&D ticket. The warden's little white van appears at all sorts of odd times.

Archived