Exeter Parking

crbtaylor

There is sometimes parking on the Marsh Barton side of the quay and there are oversize spaces outside the Marsh Barton park and ride which is not to far from the city centre. Either the bus or a walk along the canal into town.

We parked in the Triangle car park off Heavitree Rd for my daughters graduation a couple of years ago in our 7.3 metre motorhome. Only about 1/2 mile from centre.

The web site says there is currently no height restriction, but does not mention length.

Or two roads off the car park, Clifton Rd & Russel Street - ticket parking - no bays, no restriction. Look at them on Google Street view.

Best give them a call & ask

http://www.exeter.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1450

crbtaylor

there is parking for motorhomes at matford park and ride just outside the carpark barrier apparently. As i live in exeter if you want me to i can go and find out as i pass it every day.

If you are only visiting for the day there is plenty parking outside my front door and its only a short bus trip into the city centre.

if you are looking for a particular venue/parking let me know and i will see what i can find out.

ChrisK5 - 2014-04-08 9:38 PM

crbtaylor

there is parking for motorhomes at matford park and ride just outside the carpark barrier apparently. As i live in exeter if you want me to i can go and find out as i pass it every day.

If you are only visiting for the day there is plenty parking outside my front door and its only a short bus trip into the city centre.

if you are looking for a particular venue/parking let me know and i will see what i can find out.

If you could check it out, id appreciate it. One option we are now considering is to stay at Exeter racecourse and cycle to the park and ride, Is that feasible. We are visiting Exeter to go to

Chuckle Shoes.

New Bridge Street

Exeter

EX4 3JW

crbtaylor

Distance from Exeter race course caravan club site is about 5/6 miles, no cycle path and dual carriage way/motorway, and very steep hill, i wouldn't recommend it.

There are approx 10 parking spaces at Matford park and ride just out side the height barrier to the car park, which are free parking and just pay return bus fare. Post code for park and ride is EX2 8FD

Ahh. Exeter, happy days. I remember all those places mentioned from when I worked at the Ford dealers on Marsh Barton estate. Used to carry out warranty reviews for the dealer group. Best part was when I was booked down there during the last total eclipse of the sun. Managed to 'work' for that day at the Torquay site, and pay a visit to the sea front around eclipse time. Magic. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
bolero boy - 2014-04-11 8:38 AM

Currently on CL at Highfield Farm in Topsham. Easy 5 mile cycle to either Exeter to the north or to Exmouth to the south. Can even cycle to Dawlish and come back across the river on the ferry, nice.

Did some shopping in Exeter yesterday, but NO SHOES! Lol.

Must be having a bad day, I can't find that site on the Caravan Club site?

Archived