detacthed sink waste pipe

bazooka

the waste pipe has come off my tip up sink and i can't get my hand inside to fix the pipe back on.I looked on the search forum and someone said where the sink joins it can be prized apart to give access.Has any one tried this as it looks hard without causing damage to the sink.I can take the sink off no problem.Anyone else got any thoughts on this problem?

Baz

We once had a tip up sink that needed waste pipe repair and the top half of the bowl overlapped the lower section. Carefully inserting a thin implement along the join persuaded the two halves apart with a bit of damage on a section that was unseen at the back. I seem to remember it was still a fiddly job even when the bowl was in two pieces. I think I used silicone to join it back together incase it needed to come apart again, which sometime later it did.

Hope this helps.

Lance

B-)

I can't believe it worked,I used a sawing action with a sharp knife broke the first knife and then used a carving knife to cut through the sealent.I Heated it up as you said and there was only slight damage caused,then i fitted a jubilee clip round the waist pipe to make sure it won't happen again.thanks again Baz :-D

Archived