Ive got a pylon in my backyard!!!

Pampam

Hello i always thought the electricity pylon behind my house belonged to the people over the back fence but it turns out its actually in my garden and the previous owner had fenced in front of it (its a t shape metal structure ) turns out the national grid are coming to replace it with a wooden one as the lead its been treated with has contaminated the surrounding earth ,has any of the forum members worked on this type of job before and knows what happens and exactly how they do it ?i should imagine they are going to make quite a mess plus my two old dogs are buried down there at the bottom of garden i suppose ill have to ring and see what it all entails : its bound to be a big ""inconvenience"..... Just a quick moan before i hop off to work! Pp

Guest pelmetman

We had a small wood pole pylon at our last house, we didn't complain as it supplied our power :D.............

But...........we did discover that the power company had to pay us a kinda ground rent for having it there, so we got a small kick back >:-)............

If there is a pylon in YOUR garden then you should have a wayleave agreement in your Deeds which would normally entitle you to receive a peppercorn income of around a fiver per year from the electricity supplier. If you have no such agreement then possibly the pylon is not in your garden. Whoever's land the pylon is on will be stated in the house Deeds.

Archived