Miles per year

Coachman

I keep a log of everything I get for our Mobilvetta Driver 52 and today I drove to garage to fill up with diesel so filled in log and done since last May 248 miles.Now that is a record for us.Reason for it all is op on spine followed by right hip replaced August followed by Left hip this March, not bad for one year so hence the mileage. Hope to go this May down to Hampshire just to see how it goes before going over the water later , I hope.I believe that I did mention before that since owing this van my health has been really gone to pot. No we will not get another, this will be the last one and maybe try using the car and B&B or something else.

Guest JudgeMental

commiserations and I understand your frustrations as in a similar situation with different health issues... Have only managed a few long weekends away in new van and should have been down in Spain right now.*-)

the message being don't leave it to late to enjoy yourselves :-D

It's a shame when health issues interfere with having a good time. I hope it comes good for you both and for anyone else who is having a rough time.

I started motorhoming when I was 41 and we did c12,000 miles a year in the van. We had 11 great years and then the boys went off to live their own lives. My forties were definitely the best time in the van. Since then the annual mileage has dropped.

Our motorhome mileage has been less than 6,000 miles for the last few years with a all time low of 4,500 last year. My wife and I both been working [me away from home during the week] and we've both had some responsibilities to the wider family which discouraged us from going abroad. Plus we no longer take the boys to truck/bus shows or air shows.

We might make 6,000 miles this year.

Archived