Independant Cornwall

kelly58

Now Cornwall has been given small country status will we now see all the road signs in English and Cornish and have to learn another language , so now we have England / Scotland / Wales /Ireland and Cornwall. What's next an independent Yorkshire / Lancashire / Lincolnshire and more and more ? when will it all end possibly when the Lunatics are running the asylem.

kelly58 - 2014-04-24 8:31 PM

Now Cornwall has been given small country status will we now see all the road signs in English and Cornish and have to learn another language , so now we have England / Scotland / Wales /Ireland and Cornwall. What's next an independent Yorkshire / Lancashire / Lincolnshire and more and more ? when will it all end ....................................

Cornwall has been given special status as a minority, so the next logical step is for the rest of England outside the south east to get minority status as well.

;-)

Cornwall already has a significantly different status within the UK because it is a Duchy.

The Duchy can and does exercises certain legal rights and privileges across Cornwall, including some that elsewhere in England belong to the crown. For example the assets of people who die Intestate (without a Will) go to the Crown (Via the CTO - Capital Taxes Office) in other parts of the UK. But in Cornwall - this money goes to Prince Charles.

He has set up a charity for this money but it seems that of the £3,3M collected from those in Cornwall too stupid to realise that having a Will is a rather good idea - Charles distributed just £100,000 of the total of £450,000 collected last year. Nice little earner then.............

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/may/01/prince-charles-intestate-cash-cornwall

Also - for some bizarre reason the government considers the duchy to be a crown body and therefore exempt from paying corporation tax. The tax position of the duchy has been challenged by both Cornish Nationalists and UK Republicans.

When I think of the Hoo haa over Starbucks, Amazon etc when it became known that they had set up their business model to reduce the Corporation Tax on their business - and compare that to Prince Charles who does not pay ANY Corporation Tax on his Duchy of Cornwall profits - I wonder sometimes what the hell we are doing 8-)

CliveH - 2014-04-25 7:10 AM

When I think of the Hoo haa over Starbucks, Amazon etc when it became known that they had set up their business model to reduce the Corporation Tax on their business - and compare that to Prince Charles who does not pay ANY Corporation Tax on his Duchy of Cornwall profits - I wonder sometimes what the hell we are doing 8-)

...Ready?....Cue Peter James in ....three......two......

(lol)

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Nice one :-D

I think Peter and I would be in broad agreement as to the "value" of Prince Charles to anything.

It seems the Australians are pretty much in agreement that Charles is one of lifes mistakes and that given the choice of the Crown going to William and bi-passing Charles - the republicans would have a problem! :-S

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/aussies-want-king-william-poll/story-e6frfmqi-1226386363718

This feeling is intensified it seems after their recent visit.

colin - 2014-04-25 9:15 AM

That's o.k. then Australia will not be getting a King Charles, nor will we. *-)

Maybe someone should have a quiet word with the Aussies and let 'em know that our monarchs are not elected.

:-D

Archived