Absolute riff raff on a CL

LordThornber

Well here we are on our shakedown trip in the new van, and very nice it is too since you ask.

Any way, upon arrival we couldn't help noticing a fellow motorhome user in the corner, it had 2 other vehicles and numerous folk there.

Long story short, even we could hear the goings on and we're at the opposite end of the CL, shouting, screaming kids etc which of course just got louder as the booze flowed.

They've gone this morning, and shortly afterwards the CL owner, (we've been coming here 10 years +), approached us. He asked us if we'd heard any goings on and we confirmed his worst fears, that this Family were a nightmare.

Apparently, one of them had physically threatened the campers either side of them, resulting in one of them to leave earlier than planned.

Needless to say he's going to report them to the CC, and he'll not have them back on his site.

Martyn

Guest pelmetman

Weren't me...............I never left home :D...................

So is the van as expected Martyn? ;-)...........

The van is smashing Dave, the space obviously is a staggering leap. But the lighting, a Nuevo bugbear, is truly amazing.

We're only 4 days in, so of course it's a discovery process but so far everything we wanted, lighting, fixed bed, quality bathroom amongst others are very much up to scratch.

The Alde heating system is an absolute pleasure.

Down sides? The handover was poor and I said as much, so they offered a free hab check. A couple of issues, some poorly applied decals, (which they pointed out), a cracked step, a tiny leak on a tap and a bit of silicone required in the bathroom. . As for it being valeted, err, no, it hadn't.

For us though we've better things to do like enjoy it and we've had (are) enjoying a lovely time in it.

Martyn

I agree Clive, certainly for us it's the first and hopefully last time we're going to experience it.

The CL owner was mortified after he'd spoken to the remaining campers and discovered how bad the behaviour had been.

We being at the opposite side of the site, weren't really affected but I'm surprised the folk who left early didn't let the owner know.

That said, other than phoning the Police what could he have done? They didn't appear to be the 'type' open to sensible discussion 8-)

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

I see you have gone from something under 6m long, to something about 7.5m long, and a bit wider too I think.

Have you had it long enough yet to be able to comment on how different it feels to drive. We've only had our 6m coachbuilt less than a year, but OH already hankering after more space. :'(

Regards,

candapack - 2014-05-07 11:35 AM

Hi Martyn,

I see you have gone from something under 6m long, to something about 7.5m long, and a bit wider too I think.

Have you had it long enough yet to be able to comment on how different it feels to drive. We've only had our 6m coachbuilt less than a year, but OH already hankering after more space. :'(

Regards,

Hi Chris, well we've only done a shakedown trip, dealership to site, site to home so probably I'm not best qualified just yet.

I cheerfully admit to doing some proper planning into the route (s) we took and that paid off.

The length I felt comfortable with on the whole. For me the, 'breathing in' moments were generated by the width, mini roundabouts being one good (bad!) example.

But we just took our time, obviously, and kept a MUCH closer eye on the mirrors..

Of course some of the ease may have been generated by the fact that the van is new and 11 years of improvements are in evidence, anti lock brakes, twin air bags, good driving position to name but 3.

On the whole I felt comfortable with the extra size if that helps.

Martyn

Guest peter
Probably Tracker. He does like a few bevvies. Did he empty his cassette in the hedge this time as well?. (lol)

Martyn, there is a healthy thread on the CC motorhome discussion forum showing how many people really like their Bailey motorhome.

There is the odd problem coming to light on the Autograph such as the fresh water gauge has a habit of malfunctioning. Their was, of course, the video of the water feature a new Bailey had acquired every time it rained but Bailey seemed to have got to grips with that.

Overall, from what I've seen and heard, Bailey seemed to have hit their target market segment.

peter - 2014-05-07 2:49 PM

Probably Tracker. He does like a few bevvies. Did he empty his cassette in the hedge this time as well?. (lol)

Don't think some of that lot would've bothered with the loo Peter, too b****y idle or pi55ed 8-)

Martyn

Brock - 2014-05-07 4:09 PM

Martyn, there is a healthy thread on the CC motorhome discussion forum showing how many people really like their Bailey

Thanks John, I'll go and poke my nose in it.

As I said earlier, it came with a couple of bits that need sorting and doubtless in the fullness of time, there'll be others but it certainly exceeded our expectations on the short trip we've had.

Martyn

Archived