Pitch Prices

leylandlover

Does anyone else think that Caravan Club prices are getting out of hand? We recently stayed at Chapel Lane site in the Midlands.£28 odd for two nights then £19 odd for extra night and the week BEFORE easter £44.10 for two night.The chairman of the club had a little meeting on site and I voiced my opinion.You can rent a house cheaper per day than a pitch! >:-(

hi leylandlover,

my wife and I stayed at Chapel Lane less than 2 weeks ago on our way back from France and the cost was £14 per night, two of us and EHU .

The C.C sites are doing a lot of deals at the moment for midweek stays and such.Worth checking the offers I suppose, by the way I must say we expected it to cost a lot more and were presently surprised.

I have just received an e mail this morning listing sites with offers.

cheers and good luck

derek

CC Sites are manicured places with heated toilet blocks and plenty of staff to pay, even though they probably don't get paid all that much. I don't think the prices are all that bad for what you get and I think its reasonable to charge more for busy times and weekends.

Perhaps it does seem a lot if you look at it purely as a charge for using a pitch and a bit of electricity but the manicuring and the heated toilet block has to be paid for so if you want a cheaper option, why not go midweek or go to CLs?

We have booked for the Baltic Wharf site in July (always wanted to stay there and maybe our last chance) and the cost for 2 of us for 3 nights is £80.40 !

We have booked a site in South Devon on a commercial site (tourers only) in June (high season rates) for 3 nights at a cost of £51.50 including EHU and the facilities look as good if not better than a Club site.

So if a commercial site can do it why not the Caravan Club ? We are staunch supporters of the Club as we have been members during from our caravanning days but they ought to look at their pricing structure.

Alan

We stayed at Chapel Lane at around the same time, think that the 'Bank Holiday' rates are a bit high, but at least there are no 'Hidden extra's' like there are on some Commercial sites ,ie extra charges 'Per Dog, per night (we have 2 Labradors !) and extra for Awnings etc., Not interested in Swimming Pools or Childrens play areas.

Don't think that the value on CC sites is that bad. Choose mid-week deals, The week-ends on sites Nr big Cities tend to get booked up early. A Great Shame about Baltic Wharf ! we need far more sites like it, NOT less. Ray

I will never understand why dogs should be charged for on any sites,What do they use???? I am aware of midweek deals.The point I was making about Chapel Lane was we had the mid week deal and it was the Friday they charged the extra fiver.One of the things the chairman and I discussed was Wooda Farm.I think their rate from March to May was/is £20 per night.He also said Chapel Lane lost money last year,I replied 'What with all those vans paying storage' He said they only pay £300 per year.I spoke with an owner just bringing his van out.They pay almost £600 per year. >:-( We also talked about another CC site at Brighton and the wild campers in the road into the site.He said that there were now double yellow lines and the problem was sorted.However on u/k campsite reviews I dont think it has.

Hi the wife and I stayed at the Brighton CC site for three nights a couple of weeks ago, about £46 not a bad price to my mind.

There were two motorhomes, and two box vans that looked as though they were being used for living in on the approach road for all the time we were there. From the smell around them I would say they were discharging the grey waste water into the gutter.The double yellow lines were only on one side of the road and on the other side were the cars of people using the sports field. I don't think they will be able to stop the wild camping.

Regards David

We stayed a few nights on the Brighton CC site a couple of years ago I can't remember what we paid but I can remember what the two vans in front of us paid. They were two Dutch vans travelling together and they were charged £75 for the two vans for one night. They went a whiter shade of pale and I felt embarrassed for England. We had not long returned from France paying just 10 to 14 Euros a night for similar standards excluding toilet paper of course :-(

Archived