EHU

escape1955

hi can anyone help , we have just bought a Fiat Ducato, Swift Sundance 590RS 2.8 no turbo.

OK so it's not the fastest , did get to 60 once ,I think I was going down hill at time, anyway we are new to this only had it 4 weeks love it, the first 2 weekends we went out and used EHU had power switch's set to off and we used TV and all the lights worked fine, but last weekend connected up but now when on EHU

we have to have switch down for leisure battery for the lights, any ideas, could it be a fuse ,if so where would I find it. B-)

escape1955 - 2014-05-18 5:47 PM

hi can anyone help , we have just bought a Fiat Ducato, Swift Sundance 590RS 2.8 no turbo.

OK so it's not the fastest , did get to 60 once ,I think I was going down hill at time, anyway we are new to this only had it 4 weeks love it, the first 2 weekends we went out and used EHU had power switch's set to off and we used TV and all the lights worked fine, but last weekend connected up but now when on EHU

we have to have switch down for leisure battery for the lights, any ideas, could it be a fuse ,if so where would I find it. B-)

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums.

It could be helpful to know when your motorhome was made, but the fact that it has a non-turbo 2.8litre motor suggests that it was built within the period 1998-2002.

I've attached a photo taken from an advert for a 1999 Sundance 590RS 2.8. This shows the vehicle's electrical control-panel and (assuming this is the type of panel fitted to your motorhome) I suspect you are referring to the leftmost 3-position switch.

Information on this control-panel is provided on Page 29 of this 1999-published Swift handbook

http://tinyurl.com/o964m3u

It would appear that the 3-position switch allows selection of 12V power for habitation electrics (lights, water-pump, etc.) to be provided from either the leisure-battery or 'cab-battery'. However, when the motorhome is connected to an EHU, a 12V supply SHOULD still be provided even when the switch is in its central OFF-position. Also on Page 29 is information about the location of fuses.

Previous forum discussions have shown that the advice in Swift motorhome handbooks regarding the equipment fitted to particular models isn't always reliable. However, I suggest you look for fuses initially in the wardrobe and, if they are not immediately visible, check whether they might be hidden by a removable panel (eg. a false floor within the wardrobe).

229182212_1999sundance590018.thumb.jpg.af8afbb04ac8e0ddc2c584d7cb89cbba.jpg

Archived