Not happy with Adrian Flux

derek500

Insured my import with them in March on VIN number and subsequently with UK plates.

Rang today to advise of new motorhome purchase and to change vehicle on Saturday.

However, the company they've brokered with doesn't insure vehicles over £40,000 so all they can do is cancel the policy (only been running two months) and refund a pittance, and effect a new 12 month policy with another insurer for nearly double the price of the first company.

Bit unfair.

I binned them too, we changed van earlier this month and got a quote from them.

It was double what we ended up paying elsewhere for a fractionally better policy.

We were fortunate in that our Flux policy expired more or less when the new van arrived, otherwise there could have been some gnashing of teeth.

I queried their price and the response was that they'd only managed to get one insurer to quote, (£40,000 + value being an issue for them), fair enough, goodbye.

They seemed not the slightest bit bothered.

Martyn

They used to be very good - but have gone way downhill of late. I still have my 4x4 insurance with them as it does cover off road use - not many companies do specifically cover this.

However - the cost for doing anything re changes etc is more than annoying.

HOWEVER! - the one thing you should NEVER do with Adrian Flux is to pay your premium via their monthly option. This option is via a loan company and if you change vehicle Adrian Flux happily swap cover (but charge you for the privilege >:-( ) leaving you with the loan repayments!

Also - look at the APR the loan company charges.

Overall - not one of the better brokerages

Guest Peter James

I tried to get an online quote from Adrian Flux but found it wasn't possible. I can only guess they are not interested in people who know how to find the cheapest quote.

One of the Adrian Flux representatives started a thread on wildcamping forum. Presumably thought it would be cheap publicity. But it turned into a very long list of complaints against them (lol)

PS: My last premium was £152.64 for my X2/50 Maxi Van with Churchill.

Their quote to me last June was very competitive. But as stated above a bit of research showed a lot of people are not happy with the company.

Many reports say there are part of Trinity Lane which is based in Malta. So if you have a big problem with them you have to go the Malta FSA. There may be nothing wrong with that but it persuaded me to look elsewhere.

derek pringle - 2014-05-22 8:51 AM

hi derek500,

try CaravanGuard.

cheers derek

Tried them because they offer a 25% discount for the factory fitted tracker.

However, went with Comfort as cheaper, even though they don't rate the tracker and offer no discount for it. Saves me paying the tracker sub, too.

derek500 - 2014-05-22 8:59 AM

derek pringle - 2014-05-22 8:51 AM

hi derek500,

try CaravanGuard.

cheers derek

Tried them because they offer a 25% discount for the factory fitted tracker.

However, went with Comfort as cheaper, even though they don't rate the tracker and offer no discount for it. Saves me paying the tracker sub, too.

Check Comforts position on NCD certificate I believe they don't give one when you leave.

Dave

More about Comfort Insurance than the original thread but I got my renewal from them yesterday and it says they will provide proof of no claims discount if requested.

remember that they don't offer a NCD but quote all policies 'Net', (whatever that means)

Dave

gdf - 2014-05-22 11:39 AM

More about Comfort Insurance than the original thread but I got my renewal from them yesterday and it says they will provide proof of no claims discount if requested.

remember that they don't offer a NCD but quote all policies 'Net', (whatever that means)

Dave

Dave,

Did it say they would give you proof of no claims discount or did they say proof that you had not had an accident/claim while insured with them, this is what they use to do.If it is proof of NCD then they have changed.

Dave

derek500 - 2014-05-21 3:07 PMInsured my import with them in March on VIN number and subsequently with UK plates.Rang today to advise of new motorhome purchase and to change vehicle on Saturday. However, the company they've brokered with doesn't insure vehicles over £40,000 so all they can do is cancel the policy (only been running two months) and refund a pittance, and effect a new 12 month policy with another insurer for nearly double the price of the first company.Bit unfair.

I take it the 'import' has gone then and this is a new acquisition to be insured.  If so then it is what it is.  Your initial insurance for the import obviously covered the value and insurance was based on that vehicle/valuation.  Insuring your new vehicle exceeds the limits of the company that holds your policy so canceling is the only option.  This is obviously not the fault of the insurance company so they will impose the 'normal' cancelation policy.

Dave

They say they will provide proof of no claims discount if requested and policies will now include no claims discount.They also say that if you advised them of a previous no claims discount when you insured with them but didn't provide evidence at the time then to do so now.

They do say that NCD will NOT be used in calculating premiums which remain on a 'net' basis.

My personal experience is that although I made a claim to them 2 years ago their quote is half anyone elses!

Dave

gdf - 2014-05-22 4:41 PM

Dave

They say they will provide proof of no claims discount if requested and policies will now include no claims discount.They also say that if you advised them of a previous no claims discount when you insured with them but didn't provide evidence at the time then to do so now.

They do say that NCD will NOT be used in calculating premiums which remain on a 'net' basis.

My personal experience is that although I made a claim to them 2 years ago their quote is half anyone elses!

Dave

So they have changed that's good but they were still twice the price of others when I last had a quote from them, I got the impression they thought I was fulltiming.

Dave

I found them a rather odd company.

The first time i contacted them a few years ago when phoning around for insurance i was met with a curt "we don't insure motorhomes"!!

This year having done online searches, they contacted me asking if i was still looking for insurance!

Archived