thetford n80 fridge with 3 control knobs?

snail

Hi Guys hope you can help, my friend on site with me at the moment in his caravan, has this model fridge, it wont stay lit on gas.

it sparks ok, it lights ok, (checked at the burner) but the flame meter does not register (move onto the green zone) and the flame goes out when gas knob is released?

on advice from a local dealer he has renewed the thermocouple, it is fitted in such away that it can't be in the wrong alignment, i'm told?

so any ideas? thanks

snail

If you GOOGLE-search on "Thetford N80 problems", you'll find plenty of comments.

As the gas lights OK it's fair to assume that the problem is not linked to the burner itself and, as the thermocouple has been replaced, it's reasonable to discount that being the culprit. Other on-line suggestions include a fault with the gas-valve or selector-switch.

A faulty thermocouple was a logical educated guess (it's repeated here http://tinyurl.com/lcpv4od ) but it could become expensive if your friend continues to rely on remote advice and replaces parts on a live-in-hope basis. The fridge really needs to be looked at professionally.

Archived