Blue badge

jonmar

Has anyone any recent experience of using their blue badge at autoroute toll booths in France to get a reduction in cost? The Caravan Club say that this is possible although the French web site actually stipulates that the 'van should have been adapted for disabled use, but many will just accept sight of the badge. As we're crossing at the end of the week I should be glad to hear how people have got on, as any reduction would help. My badge is genuine!

Any new comments on the Auchan carpark at Coquelles?

Really looking forward to our trip, but have weighbridge to face first!!

Thanks for any help.

Its really a case of pot luck. Sometimes they just look and shrug their shoulders other times they give a discount or at least that's what we have found for the past five years. Others will no doubt repeat what it says on the French web site about modifications but we've never been asked I just flash the badge and sometimes it works

Sometimes the blue badge works especially with younger staff but the more mature ladies won't give you discount with a blue badge however if your motorhome is taxed as disabled they have to give you it. We have had some right stroppy ladies who don't think a camping car should get the discount, and some very nice staff who were really helpful. We don't use the toll roads much these days as we find it much more pleasant using the national roads.

Archived