which drive away awning

buck111

I have a bessacarr 410 motorhome 2010 and i would like to ask if anyone can recommend a light weight drive away awning I have a roll out fiammia awning but feel that safari rooms are rather heavy.Is it better to get a drive away or just an normal one.Also can anyone tell me how to tell if i am getting the right size.i would prefer lightweight poles.thanks

Hi

As nany on here will tell you , lots of us including myself have bought drive away awnings and only used them once. Why?? Took 2 hours to put up.... And get down, which for me defeated the object of a Motorhome ,,,, Touring,,,,,

However others may feel different..

We've got a Vango Airaway which has inflatable poles, is dead easy to erect and take down, and is simple to connect to the van awning. You wouldn't bother if you're moving every day,but it's certainly worthwhile for the extra space etc when you're anywhere for a couple of days or more.

You're doing badly if it takes more than about 20 minutes to eret or dismantle.

Thumbs up from me.

http://www.towsure.com/product/Vango_Kela_AirAway_240_AirBeam_Awning_Standard_Height

Hi..

I tend to agree with caddies.We had an Outdoor Revolution Movelite, which we sold without ever using it in anger, 'twas too much like faffin' about putting the tent up again(..and at that time, we'd bought a "camper" to get away from that..).

Having said that, there is only the two of us. If you really do require the additional living space(rather than feel you "may" need it), then of cause they will have their merits...

Friends of ours have a Kyham "quick erect" Motordome, which goes up quite easily but to me, it still seems like a big old lump to lug about?(also, not sure if they do one to fit a MH?)

One other thing to consider is, will you actually "drive away" from it?..and if so, how often?..because if the van is going to stay put, you could just as easily use a simple(cheap!)caravan porch awning..

(..we have an old OR Easiporch, although there are more versatile designs about).

..and if it's just going to be for general storage whilst on site, rather than full on living/sleeping space, then you could also look at a dayrooms or utility tents...

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=day+tents&qpvt=day+tents&FORM=IGRE

..and use it in conjunction with you wind-out....

Oops! Sorry hugh'..I crossed your post... :$

Guest JudgeMental
Just pick up a used one on ebay. for wintering in Spain the older cotton type would be better, more of a hassle to erect but they will handle spanish winds.

Coincidentally we've also got a Bessacarr 410 (a year older than yours) and use a Khyam Excelsior Motordome awning.

Very good when you are on site for more than a couple of days and easy to erect (one man job in fact)

As mentioned though - get yourself a deal by buying a used one, there's plenty out there.

Guest pelmetman
buck111 - 2014-06-09 9:47 PM

we would use it if we are staying on site for a week or more and when we go to spain for the winter any ideas

Having spent the last few winters in Spain, and experienced some pretty strong gales that literally shredded the flimsy light weight kitchen tent on the next door pitch 8-).............our Suncamp stood up to the wind as it was well strapped down ;-)..........

1-P1000915.JPG.9d3b5a506d1fd2a05f11c083fb03fdcc.JPG

Archived