3.0 comfort-matic

mickfisher

Hi all.

I have just purchased 2009 Bessacarr with 3.0 comfortmatic set up, the handbook make no reference to the comfortmatic so I downloaded from Fiat a supplement which says to check fluids in clutch operating system and gearbox operating system and says what fluids to use but gives no indication as to where they can be checked.I have found a small reservoir on top of gearbox which seems to be on the minimum mark but don't know which of the fluids this is for, can anybody point me in the right direction.

Regards

Mick.

Hello Mick Fisher, meet Nick Fisher!

The supplement that I got with my last remaining comfort-matic contained the specifications for the fluids used. I will attempt to attach the page to this post.

I have never had to add any fluid to any of ours so have never purchased any. I would advise that these fluids are probably very specific and should be obtained from a main agent. If it were my vehicle and could see no evidence of a leak, I would leave it well alone unless the level dropped below minimum.

Nick

865574742_fluidsc-maticsm002.jpg.2bc4a164b1ccb685fb80fe32048217cb.jpg

Hi Nick from Mick

Thanks for the reply the info you sent is the same as I downloaded from Fiat site, but where to top up is the problem. I was concerned as what looks like a small master cylinder mounted on top of gearbox adjacent to what I assume to be control valves is on the minimum level and when engine is running the visible fluid foams up and I thought this may cause a problem with air in system.

Mick.

As you can see from the literature, the actual quantities of each fluid used are very small! I would recommend that if you have any concerns about the levels of the fluids you should take the vehicle to a dealer who will know what is correct and what is not of concern. They should also have the correct fluid if .05 of a litre is required!

There is a recommendation to change the actuator oil every two years or so but any dealer that has done this will know that the system is a bugger to bleed afterwards and is best left well alone. I have never changed mine and don't intend to do so.

Choose a good sized dealer that works on a lot of Ducato's such as Ford & Slater in Leicester because they really do need to have worked on this system before.

Archived