World Cup

candapack

Greetings from Bonny Scotland.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what this "World Cup" thing is everyone is banging on about it.

I mean, I can see it involves football, but what confuses me is that while there are loads of foreign johnnies running about, I even saw some English chappies last night, but so far I haven't seen any Scotsmen.

Everyone knows the Scots are the finest exponents of "The Beautiful Game" there have ever been, so why it appears they haven't been invited to this so called "World Cup" is beyond me.

It's just this sort of snub that plays right into the hands of yon Alex Salmond.

Plus, I seem to remember something similar happened about 4 years ago?

And now I think about it, about 4 years before that

And so on.

:D :D :D

Yes really surprising when they have a qualifying UK team, England to support . You know as they always do when England is involved in international sport !! The other day, although I think I must have misheard him, a reporter said ,if they were there they would probably support any team rather than England !! Surely not, he must be wrong !! Or if not it must be something to do with all the years of inbreeding has given them a very prejudiced narrow outlook. Unlike the people south of the border, with their multicultural, fair minded , anti prejudiced , easygoing attitude to life. :-D :-D :-D

Brian B.

Guest pelmetman

C'mon Uruguay :D...............

Edit to add .............maybe its just me who see's the the ability to kick a ball as not being on my wish list of skills :-| .................

The really sad thing is that even if England lose on Thursday, and are eliminated from the tournament, we will still be subjected to to the nonstop, hysterical ranting and bull effluent for the remainder of this sad event, because the broadcasters have spent their money on it, so they have nothing else to show. What a pity Scotland didn't have a team good enough to qualify, we could at least have had one of the home teams to support, couldn't we?

AGD

It's a shame the jocks aren't there , they have some of the best fans in the world and would of been great in Brasil

As for England .......we are crap , have been for a long time and won't get better any time soon .....when your home league is riddled with foreign players you can't expect anything else

candapack - 2014-06-17 9:17 PM

laimeduck - 2014-06-17 9:06 PM

I might regret asking this, but wasn't it a Rugby player who feigned injury by biting on a blood capsule he carried in his mouth?

About 6/7 years ago?

Yes indeed, "..a..rugby player", who along with several members of the coaching and medical staff faced serious consequences...

Unlike the umpteen incidents in every football game, with them dropping like flies, feigning injury, rolling around as if they've just been shot...only to then get praised for "winning" a free kick etc , all by being deceitful.. *-)

pepe63 - 2014-06-17 10:22 PM

candapack - 2014-06-17 9:17 PM

laimeduck - 2014-06-17 9:06 PM

I might regret asking this, but wasn't it a Rugby player who feigned injury by biting on a blood capsule he carried in his mouth?

About 6/7 years ago?

Yes indeed, "..a..rugby player", who along with several members of the coaching and medical staff faced serious consequences...

Unlike the umpteen incidents in every football game, with them dropping like flies, feigning injury, rolling around as if they've just been shot...only to then get praised for "winning" a free kick etc , all by being deceitful.. *-)

FIFA run the 'Respect' campaign yet allow cheating to destroy the game

They allow games , finals possibly to be decided on a bit of play acting/cheating ......... Puts me right off what used to be called the beautiful game

Never been much of a fan of the very mis-named 'beautiful game'.....nothing beautiful about it IMO.

Grossly over paid players, managers get the blame if the players don't perform as they should, petulant and unnecessary agressive (loutish) behaviour on and off the pitch and those 'professional fouls/dives' leave me speechless.  Referees/FA/FIFA should have no patience with those who 'take a dive' for whatever reason.........no rolling in agony and getting up perfectly OK 5 seconds later..........no warnings whatsoever.......simply a red card/sending off for the offence.  It would soon clean up the game.  Likewise if a team plays crap the managers/captains should say so instead of making excuses.

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2014-06-18 7:08 AM

FIFA run the 'Respect' campaign yet allow cheating to destroy the game

They allow games , finals possibly to be decided on a bit of play acting/cheating ......... Puts me right off what used to be called the beautiful game

Given how corrupt FIFA appear to be..............I should be surprised if anyone has much respect for any hypocritical campaign on cheating run by them :-|............

Things aint half changed since the kickabout with a pigs bladder ! but in reality its only the outer casing thats changed,the whole game is is what the pigs bladder used to contain!.Dont kids at school play football any more?. I am surprised the England selectors can find a team to pick who are actually English! .As for sat. nights game - well - no comment. :D

Guest pelmetman
teflon2 - 2014-06-19 6:46 PM

I think I get it now. I thought I was watching amateur dramatics but you recon it's called football. Still the wife likes it but then she also likes the soaps is there some connection? John :->

The acting is better on the pitch :D.................

Archived