Judgmental Giving up????

Mickydripin

Stalwart

PROFILE PM

I would try a non motorhome trip or two to see if they live up to expectations....we never spend over 40K on a van so we don't feel guilty or obliged to use it all the time, as we like going further afield. But I'm in the same boat now and faced with having to sell van due to health matters ganging up on me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a cat in hells chance!!!

If you gave up Eddie you would curl up and Die it is only this forum that is keeping you going I was going to say keeping you sane but that is questionable.

Where will all your fans go now for a good argument they will miss all that wit and banter so there lives will ebb out without you.

You have a responsibility to us all to help to sort out our problems.

Since I first came to this site in 2007 I have looked forward to your posts and have had a good laugh at times

reading the ear bashings that you have dished out.

I hope that you will be able to carry on for a while doing your thing and am sorry that ill health is getting the better of you especially as it is not all that long that you brought your last van.

Keep your Pecker up and keep on trucking you will be sorely missed All the best Mike.

JudgeMental

Posted: 20 June 2014 1:27 PM

Subject: RE: Selling Up

Stalwart

PROFILE PM

I would try a non motorhome trip or two to see if they live up to expectations....we never spend over 40K on a van so we don't feel guilty or obliged to use it all the time, as we like going further afield. But I'm in the same boat now and faced with having to sell van due to health matters ganging up on me.....at least you have choices, but if you've had enough that's fine!

Tried it mate, sold up once as wife wanted 5* luxury hotels even tried a cruise, all complete hell.

You can`t beat just setting off and going where you want and moving on if it doesn't suit.

Yes it`s an expensive hobby, much cheaper not to bother, but it`s all about the freedom for me.

Downsize yes, but keep your options open.

Alan.

Dead right , i also have tried hotels etc , keep on vanning , im downsizing , cant beat pleasing yourself where you go at anytime and and what you do . But i might still do hotels at the beginning and end of the year just to keep a certain person happy .

Alan D, Woody and others possibly.

Judges comments about possibly giving up are health related.

They're not borne out of changes to lifestyle, camping, hotels etc.

Hopefully Eddie this thread will be a dead loss, and I for one as will many more I'm sure wish you improved and continued good health.

Martyn :-D

Yes you are correct, not knowing the circumstances, the comments were made in general.

With a mild illness I would prefer to be in my own little world, tv, bed , toilet and kitchen all to hand.

But you are right, and the comment was my own experiences.

Alan

Hope it doesnt come to that judge:- its bad enough when circumstances stop you doing what you want to do:when its your failing health ,thats the pits! I dont know what ails you but i hope you recover your health pp:)

Well Eddie, if good wishes cure, you'll be outrunning Usain Bolt in no time.

But if you have to sell the van, and I really hope it doesn't come to that, please keep your computer so you can continue to contribute.

John

Guest JudgeMental
Billggski - 2014-06-24 8:39 PM

What you doing with your spare frequent traveler tunnel slots?

(Always look on the bright side)

This is a joke in case our regular Victor Meldrews get shirty.

using a return this summer to Italy, after that who knows, will have to wait and see...the other pair may be up for grabs.

OK, this is it....Have been dealing with the complications of diabetes for 20 years (I am 61) and dialysis beckons, was going on transplant list earlier this year but now have melanoma so that counts me out of a transplant for 18 months at least. That's life I guess, your doing well, weight loss, healthier life style etc...So all positive, getting along real well and you get hit by a truck! There I've said it, no more speculation my fault for opening my big mouth :-D

I new it was risky when I bought the new van in February, may keep it for weekends etc....but may get rid and buy another in the future if I get the kidney ( I have donors, more welcome:D)

Archived