North wales site reccomendation required

ips

Looking for a site between Barmouth and Caernarfon (spellin) or Anglesey suitable for a weeks hols in caravan. Must have a sea view and an accessible beach absolutely must not be in a tacky area with fairground and kiss me quick hats kind of thing.

Many thanks in advance.

Hendre mynach is a nice site. No sea view but 5 min walk out of the gate and your on the beach. It's just outside of Barmouth but a 15-20 min walk along the prom into town. The only 2 negative2 is there is a railway line alongside but I have never found it intrusive, very two hrs a 2 carriage train.

caggsie - 2014-06-24 6:19 PM

Hendre mynach is a nice site. No sea view but 5 min walk out of the gate and your on the beach. It's just outside of Barmouth but a 15-20 min walk along the prom into town. The only 2 negative2 is there is a railway line alongside but I have never found it intrusive, very two hrs a 2 carriage train.

Its fine midweek but at weekends, they cram them in and it attracts a different type of camper if you get my gist.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ips

It's a couple of years ago now but we spent 1(2?) nights at Min-y-Don in Harlech

http://www.minydonholidayhomepark.co.uk/touring-motorhomes/

Very neat, clean(very "Caravan Club-esque")...but it *was bloody expensive though!(...probably around 25 quid even then!)...and not helped, by the fact that Harlech appeared to be shut!(..and the bits that weren't, appeared to be decaying!)

But the OH had spoken.... ;-)

(* having just checked their Tariffs..it still is bloody expensive! 8-) )

Archived