Good Service from the DVLA

Randonneur

On Friday 13th June 2014 I sent all the relevant documents to the DVLA to change my French registered motor home to English registration. Today the 25th June 2014 I received all the documents back together with the tax disc and new V5c all in order and correct. That is what I call good service.

Guest JudgeMental
All well and good..but hardly representative of the utter farce! most off us encountered recently trying to register new vans *-)

Guest pelmetman
Randonneur - 2014-06-25 4:47 PM

On Friday 13th June 2014 I sent all the relevant documents to the DVLA to change my French registered motor home to English registration. Today the 25th June 2014 I received all the documents back together with the tax disc and new V5c all in order and correct. That is what I call good service.

I thought you were ex pats? :-S................ are you now a ex pat pats? :D..........

pelmetman - 2014-06-25 7:54 PM

Randonneur - 2014-06-25 4:47 PM

I thought you were ex pats? :-S................ are you now a ex pat pats? :D..........

Oui, we are Ex-Ex Pats and now we will be on our travels once more but not permanently.

As regards the DVLA we found that as in France, if you have all the correct paperwork then no problem but finding out what you actually need is the hard part. The biggest problem we faced was obtaining the Certificate of Conformity from Pilote. We tried to get this before we returned to the UK but no luck but we managed to find thee Agent who does the liason with Pilote and the UK dealers and he organised it with the correct person at the Pilote Factory whilst he was there.

Guest JudgeMental
I find the above vaguely insulting as it implies that the fault and delays were self inflicted.....I can assure you anyone I know who had trouble registering with these muppet's at DVLA were totally innocent including me who has imported about 10 vehicles over the years..never have I experienced such negligence *-)

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2014-06-25 9:57 PM

I find the above vaguely insulting as it implies that the fault and delays were self inflicted.....I can assure you anyone I know who had trouble registering with these muppet's at DVLA were totally innocent including me who has imported about 10 vehicles over the years..never have I experienced such negligence *-)

No need to take umbridge Eddie.................No doubt the post from France to DVLC is more efficient than that from the UK as I suspect they have a EU box to tick ;-)...............

Look on the bright side your not applying for a passport 8-)...............

Unfortunately our current malaise is due our eternal boom & bust economic model...............naturally those who run it rarely suffer from it *-)............

Archived