Coachbuilt Ford 2.2 TDCI, Deadlocks

starvin marvin

Guest JudgeMental
they do but normally disabled on motor homes, can be turned back on apparently, but a bit of a worry trying to find the keys in an emergency if your anything like me! I had dead lock fitted on our Ford as they are easier to open anyway...

Yes, but AFAIK in both cases the deadlocks must be specified. Some converters include them in their specs, some do not, and I don't think they are normally offered as individual options. There is often a "comfort" package (or similar) for the base vehicle, which includes such as cab aircon and other "enhancements", which may include upgrading to deadlocks. You need to look in detail at the base specification, and available options, for the coachbuilder you are considering. Small print time, I'm afraid!

....you would need to check that any particular 'van was so equipped, but yes, deadlocks (or "double-locking" as ford term it) are a feature of certain Ford Transits.

My 2009-built chassis has them (activated by double-click on the remote "close" button, or a particular sequence of turns with the key).

I believe it is/was standard for normal CV supply to the UK market, but Motorhome bases can be special-order, and there is a chance they will have been supplied without.

Edit to add:

A check on Etis via the VIN number (often more effective than the reg no) should tell you whether the base left the factory with them.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

....under (expanded) minor features mine has "With door dead locks".

Hi I have a 2007 Ford Transit Chausson Flash 09

After pressing the lock button once I always press it again and it makes another different noise.

I have assumed it deadlocks the doors. But you know what they say about assuming!

I will check later for you.

Alternatively have you tried pressing the key button twice and then trying to unlock it from the inside.

Hope this helps

A deadlocking capability has been a feature of a Ford Transit central-locking system since Year 2000 when the Mk 6 Transit was introduced.

If a Transit-based motorhome has locks that can be operated remotely by a 'key fob', it should also have the deadlocking facility. Conversely, if the vehicle's locks can only be operated manually, it will not be possible to deadlock those locks.

As far as I'm aware, Transit-based motorhomes (coachbuilt or panel-van type) that have locks that can be operated remotely via a key-fob will normally be supplied with the deadlocking capability operative. There's a section in the Transit handbook describing use of the deadlocking locking feature and, although there's advice on-line that this can be enabled/disabled via a Ford agent, this may only apply to Mk 7 (2006-onwards) Transits. Certainly there's nothing in my MK 6 Transit handbook to suggest that this is so and, as my Hobby has manual locks, I can't experiment.

As factory-fitted 'deadlocking' has been available on Mk 6 and Mk 7 Transits, it should also be available on the recently-introduced Mk 8.

Archived