Wild camping? Of sorts!

peacock312

Last week we stayed at La Tete Noire at Buzancais, at 3 pm a convoy of approx 8 Motorhomes plus a couple of vans pulling caravans came up the road to our entrance,then veered sharp left into adjoining playfield,set up camp,4pm 2vans full police arrived,looked and drove away,5pm 8 strong men went around right side of our site,broke into electric substation,fed thick cables out down footpath,lifted manhole on path,fed cables down under road up through manhole on other side,then at least 200 yrds.to there camp,hey presto we have hookup! A noisy Sunday night,sanitary locked,patrols up boundary,we left 10.30 on Mon.as planned,leaving only one Bewildered Dutch couple,some 15 or so vans gone!

Is this what wild camping is coming to!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
peacock312 - 2014-07-02 2:38 PM

I am to say the least,that after 24 hrs.none of you lot on here posted a single comment regarding the true story about wildcamping in France I experienced last week,is it a fear of the racist thing?

Not really much you can say about that - except it must have been a most unpleasant experience.

I wouldn't relate it to normal " wild " ( or more accurately - off site ) camping though.

;-)

If would have been interesting if you had stayed and seen how long before they were moved on but can't blame you for making a fast get away. When we have come across travellers in France we have found them far less intimidating than the ones you get in the UK.

Guest JudgeMental
treat people like animals what can you expect...Incidentally heard on radio yesterday that the Nazi's killed a larger percentage of the population of gypsies then Jews..

Years ago a mate worked at water treatment plant,on arriving on a monday they found the lock on the gate broken and half a dozen caravans camped on the land around the buildings,his boss spoke to them and they said they would be off in a week so he didnt report it,still there 6 months later when they finally evicted them they found considerable damage,metal gates gone,scrap metal and human waste in one of the treatment tanks and buildings burgled,all done out of spite just before they left,then they moved about 4 miles up the road to a common which later had to cancel a village fete cos of broken glass and tarmac all over the land!And yes this thread like all others on this subject will be pulled,and its not wild camping its selfish ignorant spiteful camping

I have shared a municipal campsite in France with Travellers on at least a couple of occassions and it took me quite a while to work out that they were Travellers. Tidy, no nuisance to anyone else, no problem at all.

I think we need to develop new terminology, a new way of referring to those outlaws who behave is such a selfish and exploitive way and cause such difficulties for others.

JudgeMental - 2014-07-02 4:17 PM

treat people like animals what can you expect...Incidentally heard on radio yesterday that the Nazi's killed a larger percentage of the population of gypsies then Jews..

They also slaughtered homosexuals , communists , enemies of the state , those with a mental illness , I'm struggling with your point

StuartO - 2014-07-02 5:11 PM

I have shared a municipal campsite in France with Travellers on at least a couple of occassions and it took me quite a while to work out that they were Travellers. Tidy, no nuisance to anyone else, no problem at all.

I think we need to develop new terminology, a new way of referring to those outlaws who behave is such a selfish and exploitive way and cause such difficulties for others.

The ones you find on sites are market traders rather than full blown pikeys. Like you say they are quiet and friendly & tidy only thing that gives them away is the white van towing the caravan and the full size washing machine & tumble dryer in the awning.

Guest JudgeMental
I see with the nasty party crawling out of the woodwork (ukip gaining ground) it is now acceptable to be openly racist.....Most of the Tory party are tax fiddlers as well! *-)

Last Sunday on the motorway near to Calais load of white vans pulling caravans were parked on the hard shoulder and on the exit slip way, looked like they had just stopped and were looking for a new place to invade after being moved on. No police around even if it was a problem to the traveling public and a danger to all. Must have been 30 or more vans.

Cor blimey!got some comments second time round!

Judge, nobody was treating these people like animals that I could see,I agree with your second point,they are trying to live ,arnt we all?

As I said most of these French speaking nationals had far better Motorhomes than you or I.

They didn't really look like Gypsies or your normal travellers ,but how can you tell I suppose.

To me they looked like the rest of us except they didn't intend to pay for very much.

Judge,how about you and me and six or more other volunteers setting off in our Motorhomes and just breaking in where we fancy,locking into the local electric supply,water etc. wildcamping just where we fancy. Will put you in charge of bolt coppers,for cutting gates,tools for stealing electric,shovels and spanners for stealing water etc. we will all hide in the bushes while you handle the cops explaining our uman rights.! Etc.

Let's see how we get on!!

As I said,is this what wildcamping is coming to?

JudgeMental - 2014-07-03 9:24 AM

I see with the nasty party crawling out of the woodwork (ukip gaining ground) it is now acceptable to be openly racist.....Most of the Tory party are tax fiddlers as well! *-)

But we are not talking about them are we ? and why Tory and not all the parties ?

I'll come,could do with a laugh and a break from work and paying rent for where we are currently staying,and of course free electric is a big attraction,have a big angle grinder if the padlocks prove a it tough lol.To be honest i have no problem with their lifestyle,living free,the romance of the open road, friendly locals etc, but with that freedom must surely come responsibility,if you do damage or leave a mess your not welcome back and nor are the next lot welcome so off we go to the next playing field/common.

The gypsies camped up on the side of the road outside a poor farmers property outside Scarborough at the weekend were probably just trying to live too in there lovely new caravans and 4 x 4s .... Not sure why there allowed to do so when there are umpteen sites all around the east coast

Those who defend these poor victimised folk might have a different view if they were trying to sell there lovely house with gypsies parked at the end of the road

Those poor farmers are just trying to live Judge ........just trying to live .....and I don't think cleaning up 'traveller' crap and human crap is part of farming

Coming from the big smoke ya may not know meat and milk and other goodies come from places called farms .....it's not all made in the back of ya local Tescos

Wow i can see a huge compensation claim coming,go nicely with the £3500 I'm supposedly entitled to for tbe accident i had last year according to the text message i got earlier,at this rate maybe i an retire early and join you on the road,if i promise to leave rubbish every where and let my dogs run wild maybe you'll let me join in lol :-)

With you on this Eddie there does often appear to be racial undertones to attacks on both travellers and asylum seekers at Calais. We do not wild camp and not supporting unlawful acts but just because people have a different lifestyle or skin colour to ourselves should be no reason to attack them.

Guest pelmetman
robertandjean - 2014-07-03 8:35 PM

With you on this Eddie there does often appear to be racial undertones to attacks on both travellers and asylum seekers at Calais. We do not wild camp and not supporting unlawful acts but just because people have a different lifestyle or skin colour to ourselves should be no reason to attack them.

Hang on a cotton picking minute *-)....................UKIP are not racist............I can only assume you are from the comfortable classes who appreciate a cheap Polish plumber or Eastern Europen Bar Totty *-)...............

Wake up and smell the damage to the indigenous population 8-)........................

Open borders mean the working class are better off on benefits :-|.................Big business doesn't give a tinkers cuss where his starboard knob turner comes from....................which is exactly why the earnings gap has become a gulf >:-(..............

So long as the chattering a*rses are prepared to suck up to the PC brigade then the indigenous population will sink lower and our benefits culture will propsper :-|..........

You'd think our so called intelligentsia might of worked that bit out *-).............

But that's just my view as a official thick bloke, who has managed quite well regardless of you clever people :D............

pelmetman - 2014-07-03 8:59 PM

robertandjean - 2014-07-03 8:35 PM

Hang on a cotton picking minute *-)....................UKIP are not racist............I can only assume you are from the comfortable classes who appreciate a cheap Polish plumber or Eastern Europen Bar Totty *-)...............

Wake up and smell the damage to the indigenous population 8-)........................

Open borders mean the working class are better off on benefits :-|.................Big business doesn't give a tinkers cuss where his starboard knob turner comes from....................which is exactly why the earnings gap has become a gulf >:-(..............

So long as the chattering a*rses are prepared to suck up to the PC brigade then the indigenous population will sink lower and our benefits culture will propsper :-|..........

You'd think our so called intelligentsia might of worked that bit out *-).............

But that's just my view as a official thick bloke, who has managed quite well regardless of you clever people :D............

Me thinks eddies a bit old school Dave ...the type who when they here something they don't agree with or understand tend to shout racist as an easy cop out ....ya know like what used to happen in the old days

Calling someone a northern oik or slamming Chinese tat is allowed though

Archived