A new scam?

peacock312

I use a basic Nokia mobile phone,pay as you go with Orange,mainly used when I am abroad,before I left for France six weeks ago I added £30.00 to my account.

Two weeks ago I got a text from Apple iPhone 55 winners info freeplay Trivia saying I was subscribed to Trivia at a cost of £4.50 per week,checked my account,£20.00 gone,text said I would pay until I text STOP to 85222,this I couldn't achieve from France,didn't know which country it came from,on reaching British water I succeeded in stopping this scam with text confirming.

Yesterday I got through to Trivia on 03332020425 girl denied taking money off my number,I hung on and eventually spoke to very rude supervisor who again denied any contact with my phone,she denied that they used Orange, But after ten minutes she admitted they had taken £24.00 out of my account,I asked for this to be refunded,she said no chance,she said me or someone must have authorised it,this is impossible as I am the only person who ever touches my phone and I have never accepted anything like this.

If I was on a contract phone I am sure this may have never been noticed,beware,in future I will only add a tender a time to my account.

Hope someone may learn from this, I have done report for BBC watchdog.

We had a terrible time with voda a few years back our phones were old and we had to go to the shop so we enable them to be used abroad,added £50 credit to each and off we went only to find mine wouldn't work hadnt been enabled so we called the voda helpline to get mine working,they fixed the problem but we didnt realise voda charge for helpline calls,cost partner £20 to enable mine,fuming! Also we got three calls from a guy who had the wrong number at £1 each for receiving. We were away for six months so bought a spanish phone on payg loads cheaper

That's ridiculous I would be on to Orange and demand compensation they had no right providing your number to anyone I would like to bet they get commission for each number they sell. :-( and I would change provider I was with Orange I bought a new smart phone I had £25 on it tried to download the Virgin Smart App I lost all my credit and didn't even get to finish.

I sent for the Virgin Sim card got my phone unlocked its funny though Orange still contact me on that number as I kept it I just hope they don't do the same to me!! So thanks for the heads up.

Archived