Advice re fitting new lock on Hymer storage locker

Belinda_B

Hi all, I need to replace the lock on our 2008 Hymer T class storage locker and have managed to get hold of one but just wondered if there were any tips or pitfalls to look out for when trying to fit it. I haven't removed the dodgy one yet but I'm hoping to have a go this weekend. I didn't want to start dismantling the old one and then get stuck halfway through!

Thanks

My last van was a T654SL, had the rear lock apart to modify it as the latch kept sticking. From what I remember it is very straight forward just remove the 2 screws on the rear, take the rear cover off (includes mechanism) and I think the front just comes out, it's clamped through the bodywork with the screws.

It really is a 10 minute job and that's if you are a slow worker. (lol)

Hi Belinda,

Is it the same Belinda brought my lovely T654 SL Gold?

There may be nothing wrong with the lock, once opened you you have to push the little lever on the back of the lock down before they will re-latch, and if it is a case of not always unlocking (they all do that) that is the reason I did a little mod on it and a new lock probably won't cure it.

Yes it's me! It is unlocking that is an issue but we will persevere with it and see how it goes. I was just concerned that we may be away on holiday somewhere and not be able to get into the locker, although there is always access from under the bed if we get stuck!

Archived