Parking at ferry port

Tomo

Hi All,

I haven't been across the channel for over a year now and plan to in September, can anybody tell me if it is still possible to park at Calais ferry port over night. Last time we were there , there was some car park work going on and the parking was very limited. We don't like parking on the quayside so we have always parked at the port itself. The other thing is we may go to or from Dunkirk, can any body fill me in to whether there is over night parking there.

We are looking forward to getting away as last year we bought a new motorhome (for us) and then everything went wrong. So hoping somebody can fill me in with the changes.

Tomo.

One life Live it. (We are trying)

We were there last Saturday, there is no free overnight parking at the ferry port, there are ticket machines and the car park has been revamped. The aire by the beach was full.

We also did not see any evidence of immigrants in and around the port. Perhaps they are all over here now!!

David

Unless things have changed again since December when we used it the parking area is still there, but revamped and split into different areas.

We used P2 along with 2 other vans and it was free overnight, I think it was the only one without a ticket barrier..

http://www.calais-port.fr/en/passenger-ferries/passenger-services/car-parks/

http://www.calais-port.fr/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/port.calais_plan_parking.public.jpg

Pete

154281124_terminalparking.thumb.JPG.e6c1131f23441d9cf89eda51b31ee1d0.JPG

We cross to Dunkirk, if its a late crossing we park in the Booking office car Park overnight. On exiting the ferry go to the first round about and head back into the port keep to the right into the car park for Bookings etc, 

We were going to use Calais ferry port car park two nights ago, yes it is still free in the area depicted in the previous drawing but the spaces are now extremely limited and we didn't feel comfortable in there this year as there were lots of illegals milling around albeit we saw seven arrested by the Gendarmerie.

If it were me I would now use the Aire at the yacht basin, as we did, absolutely stacks of room and no visible illegals problem when we were there. Costs 5Euro per 24 hours collected early morning and evening.

Bas

We were there last weekend. There is now only a small parking area available suitable for overnighting and that was full, the rest were barriered. The aire was also packed and is due to close anyway. I would not personally chance there being room anymore.

Ron

We were at Calais last Friday, went to the yacht marina where we had breakfast and was approached by two young men who asked for seven euros for parking there i declined and said we were moving soon,they were genuine as we seen them later on that night at the aire at the port. As there isnt any facilities at the marina it seems a bit much to have to pay just for parking it is the same price at the aire but you it has everything you need to overnight.It was very full on friday night,and when we left on Sat.morning for the ferry i noticed a lot of vans parked at the marina.

being ex sailors, we know lot's of marinas, in France, and have found that quiet often you can park up for the night at most of them. Never went to Calais , but lots of small marinas along the Normandy coast.

PJay

Archived