CBE PC100

dave k

Hi all

I have a CBE PC100 control unit in my van and need to connect my Dometic rm123 fridge to it, however as a complete numpty to electrics I am not sure what connections are needed.

Hope someone can help

Dave

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums.

The CBE PC-100 system's DS-300 Distribution Box has a number of fuse-protected 12V power-outlets, one of which (fuseway 6) is intended to provide power to an absorption fridge. An Instruction Manual for the PC-100 system can be found here

http://www.marcleleisure.co.uk/store/pdf/PC100_PC200_DS300_ENcircuits.pdf

Thanks for your prompt reply

I have to manual for the pc100 but have difficulty understanding what needs to be connected from th fridge to what on the distribution box.

Connection 15 is where I assume I connect the fridge to, but then under the section 'protection fuses' item 11 is also a fridge connection......I am confused!!!!

Connections for things like a water-pump, electric step, fridge, etc. are made via the DS-300's 10 fuse-protected outlets mentioned in paragraphs 1-10 on Page 14 of the manual, NOT via 'connection-blocks' within the DS-300 itself.

As I said earlier, fuseway 6 is intended to provide 12V power to a fridge, NOT the internal connection-block shown as "15" on Page 15.

If you remove the top of the DS-300 Distribution Box, you should be able to see how electrical cables can be connected to the output side of each fuseway. If I remember correctly, a small connector is attached to the end of the cable and the connector is then 'plugged' into the output side of the appropriate fuseway.

When I fitted an electric entrance-step to my own motorhome I had planned to use the DS-300's fuseway 8 to power the step. However, when I removed the top of the DS-300 I realised that cable-connection to the DS-300 used the plug-in method I've just mentioned and, as I did not have a suitable connector, I used a different approach to power the step. I believe a PC-100 'kit' should include the necessary connectors and I think they are obtainable separately.

Just taken the cover off and there doesn't appear to be any way of seeing where there is a connection directly to fuse six. There are two connections J11 and J12 that I wondered if either of those were the connections I required

Having rethought, I'm now sure that you were right and I was wrong, and that it Is necessary to plug the cables into the connection-blocks. This is confirmed by a photo I've attached showing a wired up CBE Distribution Box (not a DS-300, but a more complex model). Sorry about that...

I believe you can forget about J11 and J12, as these relate to AES fridges (which your RM123 is not), and (as you suggested earlier) that you need to connect the fridge to Connection-block 15. Beyond that I'm afraid I can't help.

solaire_cbe11.jpg.0d83d26a5080bac7906ac406bb3e7111.jpg

Archived