Scotland in July..........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Is damp.............with the occasional hint of sun burn.........but the scenery is stunning B-)............when you can see it :-S..............

Note to self in future .............watch long range weather forecast before spending money on fuel and campsites :-|.............

But we'll be back :D..............

Guest pelmetman
candapack - 2014-07-14 11:29 PM

pelmetman - 2014-07-14 10:08 PM

But we'll be back :D..............

Well, please yourself. But if you'd rather go south, we won't be offended. :D

I know where I'm not wanted *-)...................but I'm still here :D...................and in Scotland ;-)............

Guest pelmetman
Only 10 bites...............a record for me.................last time it was hundreds or so it seem'd 8-).............

So, Dave, whereabouts in Scotland ( it's a big country you know!) are you/have you been/are you going to?

Liz and I did a wonderful tour of the Northern Scottish coast in 2010 -- later in the year than this -- not too worried by midges -- but -- we had learned by then about the marine commando 'skinsosoft' trick..............

We're hoping to go to lowland Scotland (New Galloway area) later this year.

Have a good trip,

Colin.

Guest pelmetman

We're at the CC Ledaig site north of Oban.............pitch overlooking the beach..........and the Isle of Mull.........not that we can see much through the murk *-)................It was dry yesterday so got the bus into Oban, nice town and seafood ;-)..................not been much further as we're here with tugger friends.

Next time we'll tour around, but we'll come when the gulf stream is sending the rain to England :D......

We're off to Scotland next week for three weeks. New England Bay, Forfar, Stonehaven, and Brora.

Good to know the midges are being fed before we get there although they tend not to be too bad in the east.

We prefer the east coast and the Moray Firth in particular. It's quieter. But if we had to choose our favourite site in Scotland, it would be the CC site at Kinlochewe just ahead of a commercial site in Callander.

Inverness is a great base because we could always find a decent bit of sunshine within 100 miles or so!

You are right about the midges at Kinlochewe Once, we made a mistake of going in the height of the midge season. Every time we left the van we had to wear a towel over our heads and full body covering. Our dog wasn't happy!

Fortunately for me, midges and such like tend to go for the missus first. She always looks pale in Scotland.

Archived