omnister 5002 awning

jordano

hi hope someone can give me a little advice when we were in France in June this year we arrived at a site and started to set up everything as usual first the awning for a little shade. attached the the pole and started winding out there was an almighty bang as the right hand bracket on the top rail sprang out and the whole side collapsed. it would not go back in as it had bent the rail and also the arm with the joint in ti. we managed to force it back and wedged it so it was safe to drive home. we only bought the motorhome in Sep 2013 and was given a 3year warranty, so when we arrived home i contacted them. they sent a local repairer to assess the damage, he said he would report back to them and they would contact me they did call and said they would have to check to see if it was covered on my warranty. two weeks on after calling every other day they have told me it is not covered as it was not a factory fitted item can anyone tell me if they are correct.

....making an assumption on your van being a 2009 Auto-Trail from previous postings:

If you're asking whether the awning was factory fitted, there is probably an easy way to tell. In general, factory-fitted awnings on Auto-Trails from earlier than that date and forward were supplied as part of the SE pack, and were mounted recessed into the bodywork. If it's recessed, it's definitely factory fitted, if it isn't, it is almost definitely not factory-fitted.

If you're asking more generally whether the warranty covers the item or not (regardless of the above), then only detailed reading of the Ts&Cs will reveal that.

Archived