Missed medical appointments..............

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2014-07-25 6:29 PM

pelmetman - 2014-07-25 6:02 PM

Brian Kirby - 2014-07-25 5:48 PM

Cock-up rather than conspiracy, I think, but you/we'll never know unless you tackle them over the oversight.

Possibly Brian.................but to be honest I'd rather spend my time in the camper, rather than a pointless exercise in fighting pubic sector incompetence/dishonesty *-)..............

Life's to short.................I have pork pies to eat...........and cheap wine to drink................priorities are everything to a wise man :D...........

So do we all Dave, in our different ways! :-) But, we are then condemned to go on suffering the incompetences, because they can plead ignorance. They don't self-test their systems. Better to spend the time, IMO, on a polite but critical letter to the Trust chief exec, than in impotent railings on here. As you say, it is all about prioritising one's time. You're wasting yours! :-D

Again you hit the nub Brian B-)....................the ability to waste my time is very valuable to me ;-)..............

Unfortunately I do not have your faith to waste any of my valuable time, sending letters to folk who are unlikely to value the opinion of a pelmet maker & pouffe stuffer :-S.............

I can guess the response I'll get........ given the fact my opinions suffer such regular ridicule on here.............but I do enjoy wasting my time in pointless debate :D................

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2014-07-25 6:18 PM

pelmetman - 2014-07-25 6:02 PM

Life's to short.................I have pork pies to eat...........and cheap wine to drink................priorities are everything to a wise man :D...........

You've got that round the wrong way Dave.

It's eating too many pork pies............ and drinking too much cheap wine............... that makes life too short.

:-|

Quite possibly Malc ;-).......................but you can't deny I'm making a meal of it :D.................

pelmetman - 2014-07-25 6:44 PM

Again you hit the nub Brian B-)....................the ability to waste my time is very valuable to me ;-)..............

Unfortunately I do not have your faith to waste any of my valuable time, sending letters to folk who are unlikely to value the opinion of a pelmet maker & pouffe stuffer :-S.............

.....so instead, you choose to post here, for the attention of people who are known not to value the opinion of a pelmet maker & pouffe stuffer.......

.......and also can't do anything to address the issue!

Seems like wasting your time (and ours :-( ) in spades!

Matters arising - just as a point of interest - albeit not a lot of interest it must be said - what else would any of us be wasting our valuable time if we were not wasting our valuable time on here making pointless postings?

We could be down the pub I suppose holding equally pointless conversations withe equally argumentative people whilst trying to avoid those with deep pockets but short arms and a loud point of view that differs wildly from our own?

I fear you miss the point Rich. :-) It was not a point that Dave was making, it was a complaint. One can debate a point, and possibly learn something in the process. However, a complaint made to other than its cause becomes, IMO, a waste of time.

Now, had Dave complained to the appropriate authority, he may have persuaded them to change their appointments system, and so performed an important public service.

Just think how proud he'd then have been - and how grateful to him we'd all have had to be! Hmmmmmmmm! On second thoughts..................................................:-D

Guest pelmetman
Robinhood - 2014-07-25 6:54 PM

pelmetman - 2014-07-25 6:44 PM

.....so instead, you choose to post here, for the attention of people who are known not to value the opinion of a pelmet maker & pouffe stuffer.......

.......and also can't do anything to address the issue!

Seems like wasting your time (and ours :-( ) in spades!

Well Robin...........and to the other members of the forum intelligentsia ;-)..................I am a free radical B-).....

ie:-....................I do not charge for my opinions :D.............BUT.............more importantly.........neither...........

Do I make you read them (lol)....................................Although it appears some people just can't help themselves ;-)........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2014-07-25 7:17 PM

I fear you miss the point Rich. :-) It was not a point that Dave was making, it was a complaint. One can debate a point, and possibly learn something in the process. However, a complaint made to other than its cause becomes, IMO, a waste of time.

Now, had Dave complained to the appropriate authority, he may have persuaded them to change their appointments system, and so performed an important public service.

Just think how proud he'd then have been - and how grateful to him we'd all have had to be! Hmmmmmmmm! On second thoughts..................................................:-D

Indeed on second thoughts Brian ;-)...............

If all the billions shoveled into the NHS every year can't make a difference................then I might as well stir the pot on here ;-)...............at least more people are likely to read it :D.............and unlike a letter to the NHS it won't get filed in a bin..............it's here for posterity B-).................so once the cheap wine and pork pies have turned me into star dust.................my annoying views will still be here >:-)................

Brian Kirby - 2014-07-25 7:17 PM

Dave has already said that he was not complaining but making a point.

We seem to have been debating the point he made for some time now.

If we are indeed all wasting our time, we all do so voluntarily because we have no better means of wasting our time at the point in time that we are wasting our time on here!

However I do agree that Dave would have had a stronger point to make had he written to the CEO of the Boston Hospital and been able to post us the gist of their response?

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-07-25 8:21 PM

However I do agree that Dave would have had a stronger point to make had he written to the CEO of the Boston Hospital and been able to post us the gist of their response?

Your speaking about someone who once complained to the Caravan Club Rich ;-)...............I doubt the upper echelons of the NHS think any differently *-)..................

pelmetman - 2014-07-25 8:30 PM

Your speaking about someone who once complained to the Caravan Club Rich ;-)...............I doubt the upper echelons of the NHS think any differently *-)..................

Sorry to disagree Dave but having had dealings with both the CC and the NHS the CC are far and away the more obdurate and disinterested in the views of their customers!

But, with respect, you will never know if you go on making excuses for not trying?

Gotta nip orf and watch some paint drying as an alternative to wasting my very valuable time on 'ere!

Guest pelmetman

Just to add more grist to this particular mill ;-)..................

I for one value the NHS as one of the few things we Brits can be proud of B-)...................sadly I feel it has been hit by a double whammy of political correctness, along with being hijacked by those who like the corporate meal ticket *-)..................Lawyers have become the bain of the NHS, so much so that every member of the profession appears to be scared to make a decision without you signing a form that your'll accept full responsibility, hence the staff spend all their time looking over their shoulder when they face a complicated question..............so often revert to the default position of don't do nuffink..............because they know if they make the wrong call it'll be their fault :-|...............

We need to accept the NHS is run by humans for humans...........and we'll get a better service if we kick out the corporate meal tickets and bring back the humans B-)............

That's just my view as an idiot :D.......

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-07-25 8:42 PM

Gotta nip orf and watch some paint drying as an alternative to wasting my very valuable time on 'ere!

I hope its magnolia Rich ;-)...................I like watching magnolia dry......................the shades it achieves in the right light ;-) ...................is amazing B-).....................I'm sure I once saw the vision of someone in a gas mask appear :-S...................

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-07-25 9:11 PM

Sorry Dave - I missed all the action because I was too late - it was quick drying paint!

(lol) (lol) (lol)

pelmetman - 2014-07-25 9:13 PM

Sorry Dave - I missed all the action because I was too late - it was quick drying paint!

(lol) (lol) (lol)

The bloke next door is concreting his drive so I can watch that set tomorrow instead?

So many things to pass my valuable time doing - what to do next - decisions, decisions!!

Was thinking of getting a narrowboat but walking speed is just too fast not to be walking and there are not enough locks to slow me down!

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-07-25 9:20 PM

pelmetman - 2014-07-25 9:13 PM

(lol) (lol) (lol)

The bloke next door is concreting his drive so I can watch that set tomorrow instead?

So many things to pass my valuable time doing - what to do next - decisions, decisions!!

Was thinking of getting a narrowboat but walking speed is just too fast not to be walking and there are not enough locks to slow me down!

Now your showing off Rich ;-)..................wasting ones time requires thought if its not to be wasted *-) ......................It's a skill that requires practice...............much like idle thought...............I spent many years as a kid trying to get my head around if I thought an idle thought how could it be idle? :-S.......................which is probably why I escaped getting an education :D.................being a bloke I can't multi task (lol)..........

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-07-25 10:26 PM

Then again you could always sit and wait in your local hospital just in case they offer you an appointment when you are actually there - nah - on second thoughts that would be a real waste of valuable loafing time!

I'll do that if my cheap wine habit takes over..................as I've heard they're warmer than park benches ;-).........

But to digress, clearly the grape has addled my mind 8-)....................I see, if I recall correctly you have moved back to your original sod ;-)...........................Did Norfolk not suit? :-S...............

Or was to close Peter and I? :D...............

pelmetman - 2014-07-25 10:35 PM

I see, if I recall correctly you have moved back to your original sod ;-)...........................Did Norfolk not suit?

Or was too close Peter

We loved our time in Norfolk, we like the area and the people, and would never had moved if our families had stayed within sensible range of where we were but as they are all now within an hour of where we are it makes more sense to be here and we have certainly seen much more of them in recent weeks so it looks as if we are here to stay - but then again you never know!

Unless they moved here to get away from us!

Not our original area at all Dave - we both grew up or were dragged up kicking and screaming - many miles from Worcestershire and have lived at many locations over the years as circumstance or whim dictate.

Peter was no problem - in fact all his wind and hot air used to stop the far East from freezing when the Siberian winds blew!

Archived