FERRIES OR TUNNEL CROSSING?

MandyAndy

[QUOTE]robin - 2006-09-20 12:30 PM >:-( We travelled SeaFrance late August for £80 Return (CCC booking) I will try CCC to see if they can get me a better price on the tunnel as that is our preferred way of travel.[/QUOTE] CCC are currently offering £80 return P&O or SeaFrance - any sailing any day, abd I assume any size as I wasn't asked fo the size. No offers on the Tunnel though. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
Just a thought, the Tesco vouchers scheme - can you use them to pay for the whole thing including the cost of the dogs? I've just had a look and can get a return trip in June 07 for £204 (£144 ferry + £60 for 2 dogs) = £51 in Tesco vouchers, but if I can't use them to pay for the dogs then this makes the cost £36 in vouchers for the ferry + £60 sterling for the dogs = £96. Anyone know the answer or am I going to have to ring them? Mel B

hi mel, you just ring P&O [on 0870 unless you can find proper number, they changed the last one I found] order everything you want, we usually do long trips and include extras like meal vouchers so I don't see any problem with pets -- then get vouchers from Tesco. P&O last year insisted on payment with 2 weeks, they used to be more relaxed about how long you took - so you'll need to be quick off the mark with tesco. B-)

[QUOTE]Mel B - 2006-10-08 2:44 PM Just a thought, the Tesco vouchers scheme - can you use them to pay for the whole thing including the cost of the dogs? I've just had a look and can get a return trip in June 07 for £204 (£144 ferry + £60 for 2 dogs) = £51 in Tesco vouchers, but if I can't use them to pay for the dogs then this makes the cost £36 in vouchers for the ferry + £60 sterling for the dogs = £96. Anyone know the answer or am I going to have to ring them? Mel B[/QUOTE] Hi Mel b Sent off my Deals vouchers this week to P&O. Sailing August Dover / Calais £118, paid £90 in deals £28 balance on Debit card, £2 charge if you use a credit card. You can pay the whole amount in deals if you have enough. Ring up with all your details, you have to send your vouchers ( special delivery £4.10 ) in within 5 days of your booking or it will be cancelled. TESCO`S will only round you up to the £10, any money they dont use goes back on your clubcard|

Mel B, The telephone number is 08705 20 20 20. WHEN YOU HAVE MADE YOUR BOOKING YOU WILL BE GIVEN A REF: NUMBER, YOU ENTER THIS ON THE FRONT OF YOUR DEALS VOUCHERS, before sending to P & O. YOU DONT GET ANY PAPERWORK BEFOREHAND, when you arive at the port you give your Ref : no for your tickets

Does anyone know the answer to this please I can't get any sense out of the Tesco website! My father in law has some Tesco vouchers which he is willing to let me use as all he'd do is use them in store (I'll just give him the cash plus a bit extra). I know I can't use them directly to get holiday deal vouchers from Tesco but, if he exchanges them for holiday deal vouchers, will these holiday deal vouchers have anything on them to tie them to him or will I be able to use them under my name? Help???!?! *-)

Update Emailed Tesco and finally got clarification - my Father in laws Clubcard vouchers can be exchanced for holiday and/or travel (ie ferry/eurotunnel) deal vouchers but the deal vouchers they are exchanged for will have my Father in laws surname on, which is different to mine, so I won't be able to use them. Well, it was worth a try!

Hi Mel. I sent off my Deal vouchers to P&O a week Yesterday (we have a post office open on a sunday) have to send them Special Delivery £4.10 they recieved them Tuesday. Made my booking first over the phone, then had to send vouchers within 5 days of booking.

Archived