Saga Motorhome Insurance

Norrie07

Well the overload of Saga literature I have received re: over 50 motorhome insurance eventually moved me to get a quote. First went on line and at the end was told that due to information I had entered they were unable to give a quote. I then phoned and went through the details again with a human being, only to get the same result and the human being telling me they had no clue why no quote was forthcoming.

I was concerned and complained to Saga. They got back to me saying that they dont insure vehicles over 10 years old. NO WHERE WAS THIS MENTIONED on literature on and off line. I would have never wasted time and shared personal information had this been made clear.

The customer service rep. said that she would raise the issue with Marketing.

So be aware with Saga you can be OVER 50 but your motorhome must be UNDER 10.

*-)

Guest pelmetman

That's interesting I've been insured with them since 2011, and its pretty obvious from my registration my camper is 24 years old ;-).........................Just been through my paperwork and can see no age restriction? :-S........

Guest pelmetman
George Collings - 2014-08-03 5:00 PM

Best read the small print in your policy document.

Perhaps there has been a recent change in company rules but it would be interesting to find why they feel older vehicles are such a bad risk.

Done that ;-)..................I get the feeling this is a case of the "computer says NO" *-)..................I could understand it for campers under 10 years old :D............

Basil - 2014-08-03 7:13 PM

Ours is 16 years old and just changed to Saga this year and very good VFM! Don't know why OP has had a problem but it is nothing to do with age, unless it is his!

Bas

OP did say over 50 insurance, but not how much over. I would have thought that if he/she had been over 70 would have said??

PJay

PJay - 2014-08-04 12:06 AM

Basil - 2014-08-03 7:13 PM

Ours is 16 years old and just changed to Saga this year and very good VFM! Don't know why OP has had a problem but it is nothing to do with age, unless it is his!

Bas

OP did say over 50 insurance, but not how much over. I would have thought that if he/she had been over 70 would have said??

PJay

Why would over 70 affect it, I was not aware it did? I was light heartedly suggesting the OP may have been under 50, sorry warped sense of humour I suppose.

Of course the breakdown cover part may well have been the reason, we don't use that.

Bas

Archived