Replacement Zadi M2 Habitation Door Lock

enodreven

Hi,

Lost the little plastic sprung loaded flap that covers the Key barrel/hole and can't find a replacement, it also appears these locks are no longer available ?, any suggestions where I may be able to get a new or second-hand part or even the whole lock if necessary.

In case I can't find a direct replacement any suggestions on what lock would replace it without leaving a hole, would be very helpful

From the best information I can find the lock is:

ZADI M2 N74024 (21081.95)

This link show them out of stock and no longer available, but it does provide a photo of the lock for information,

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk/zadi_locks.htm

Thanks

Brian

Thanks for that information I have sent an email to he link in my earlier post to try and confirm your suggestion and also get a price for the same

Thank you

Brian

Brambles - 2014-08-01 9:46 PM

I believe an M1 version should be a direct replacement as it is the earlier version without the flap and is more readily available. You would need to double check this is correct..

Hi,

I have just received feed back to my enquiry and they can't confirm that the M1 will replace the M2, just wondering if anyone has actually replaced an M2 lock, as from what i have been checking, even if the front plate of the M1 would cover the hole made by the M2 I'm not certain if the inner locking mechanism needs to be replaced as well and whether the existing key barrel can be used, any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome

thanks

Brian

What would maybe help is a picture of the inside lock catch.....then it may be someone has one matched to the earlier FAP type handle without the lock cover.

In your picture it is hgard to tell, but is reason to replace also it has ben repaired..is that epoxy in the corners around barrel assembly or just grime?

At the end of the day it would actually not be too difficult to make a cover for the lock from an old black plastic case cutting out a section which includes a corner so the bit around the corner forms the hinge part. A new spring can be formed from another spring and so all possible. The hard bit is finding the right section of an old bit of black plastic to use from a bit of junk lying around. It seems a lot of expense to replace the whole lock for the sake of what is in effect a decorative cover and a bit of amusement and satisfaction making a replacemnet part.

If it was mine and it still works and is secure, I would be filling the slot around the hinge pins to make it level with filler, sand all smooth and then spray black, finishing after paint is dry with pressing the aerosol button only enough to get dropets of paint to land on the surface to give a textured splattered eeffct finish, possibly even respraying the whole handle with a light coat of satin finish paint. Plasticote enamel paints are suitable.

As to compatibility with other models, I am pretty sure you could use the FAB handle but cannot be 100% sure on this and a picture of your actual lock on the inside may help me decide.

Hi, Brambles

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but this has been the first opportunity I have had to take a photo of the inside lock which I have hopefully uploaded correctly.

I must also say Thank You for your help and interest, I really appreciate it and I take on board all of your suggestions, but I'm not that good with filler and paint, from past experience LoL, but if I can't get a replacement I will have to give it a go ? the lock is in a full work condition and no it hasn't been repaired before it just needs cleaning as does the inside as you will see.

I would be very interest in whether from the photos you can make any judgement on whether the old type lock would be a direct replacement, as while I have found what appears to be a supplier that may have 1 of the M2 in stock it is by no means certain, so I would like to have a fall back position if I can't purchase an M2, hope that makes sense.

Brambles - 2014-08-03 1:34 PM

What would maybe help is a picture of the inside lock catch.....then it may be someone has one matched to the earlier FAP type handle without the lock cover.

In your picture it is hgard to tell, but is reason to replace also it has ben repaired..is that epoxy in the corners around barrel assembly or just grime?

At the end of the day it would actually not be too difficult to make a cover for the lock from an old black plastic case cutting out a section which includes a corner so the bit around the corner forms the hinge part. A new spring can be formed from another spring and so all possible. The hard bit is finding the right section of an old bit of black plastic to use from a bit of junk lying around. It seems a lot of expense to replace the whole lock for the sake of what is in effect a decorative cover and a bit of amusement and satisfaction making a replacemnet part.

If it was mine and it still works and is secure, I would be filling the slot around the hinge pins to make it level with filler, sand all smooth and then spray black, finishing after paint is dry with pressing the aerosol button only enough to get dropets of paint to land on the surface to give a textured splattered eeffct finish, possibly even respraying the whole handle with a light coat of satin finish paint. Plasticote enamel paints are suitable.

As to compatibility with other models, I am pretty sure you could use the FAB handle but cannot be 100% sure on this and a picture of your actual lock on the inside may help me decide.

410904115_InsideLock1.jpg.50c857927182d727862a3676046b624b.jpg

507390060_InsideLock2.jpg.ecf8b52ad9c86857c2771244eabe3283.jpg

106860246_insidelock3.thumb.jpg.919d27e81e3e91bb5ad11d75c1565d86.jpg

882193569_insidelock4.jpg.3929b740908302a2d141639f72142aaa.jpg

Hi again,

So far I have not been able to determine if the FAB is compatible with the Zadi or not. Certainly Zadi barrels will not fit the FAB handles so you will not be able to swap your barrel over. However regarding the mechanisms engaging I cannot find detailed enough information and general opinion does seem to be they are not compatable. If this is based on the lock barrels not being compatable or the mechanisms inside not matching and engaging I do not know. So even if it did fit you would require a new key. I find having a different key for my water cap a pain in the neck, so I would be really frustrated if my lockers were different from my door but of course would learn to get used to it.

I personally favour the filling of the hinge area but is because I can do a task like this with ease.

• 1 year later...

Archived