Strange posts

Randonneur

Spot on, Martin & Sylvia!

The Agent provocateur has risen to your bait!

His posts have been very strange -- I think that, with his mate, 'Sicknote' that he may be trying to take us all for fools ;-)

Cheers,

Colin.

P.S. I think that they may be refugees from 'Motorhome Fun' -- it could be that 'Big Jim' has banned them! >:-)

C.

You'll have to wait and see if the O.P. comes back and expands upon his original comment, Antony,

but this is the sort of thing I was referring to............

clifford60

Posted: 4 August 2014 10:36 AM

Subject: RE: feeling very alone

New User

Profile PM

a bit like Albert poking the lion with a stick. i wish i hadn't bothered.

Very strange.................

:-(

Colin.

Symbol Owner - 2014-08-13 7:45 PM

You'll have to wait and see if the O.P. comes back and expands upon his original comment, Antony,

but this is the sort of thing I was referring to............

clifford60

Posted: 4 August 2014 10:36 AM

Subject: RE: feeling very alone

New User

Profile PM

a bit like Albert poking the lion with a stick. i wish i hadn't bothered.

Very strange.................

:-(

Colin.

Phew ... I thought you meant my sensational Motorhome Fun thread for a moment

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2014-08-14 11:33 AM

There's certainly............. some strange...................................................... punctuation...... ?!

;-)

I ;-)................prefer to call it................original :D...........or.......different :->...................Much like myself :-D...........

pelmetman - 2014-08-14 11:48 AM

There's certainly............. some strange...................................................... punctuation...... ?!

;-)

I ;-)................prefer to call it................original :D...........or.......different :->...................Much like myself :-D...........

.Oh - I see........... I thought you must have bought a keyboard that was extra cheap because the comma key was missing.

Mind you, I am also sometimes mystified by some peoples' indiscriminate use of question marks and exclamation marks ?

( just like that one ).

;-)

if you google Marriott Edgar Monologues you will find more of his delightful works. As for strange posts, how can a section that invites posts on all topics contain strange ones. And if you don't like my punctuation I'll give my secretary a smack on the a**e. (that's a film reference in case you've never seen that either)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2014-08-14 11:58 AM

pelmetman - 2014-08-14 11:48 AM

;-)

.Oh - I see........... I thought you must have bought a keyboard that was extra cheap because the comma key was missing.

Mind you, I am also sometimes mystified by some peoples' indiscriminate use of question marks and exclamation marks ?

( just like that one ).

;-)

I can do comma's to B-),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,What puzzles me is why some folk can't embrace their emoticons :-S..................Indeed they're frowned upon by stick in the mud's *-).................But there again I do enjoy a bit of English language abuse :D.............

clifford60 - 2014-08-14 12:01 PM

. As for strange posts, how can a section that invites posts on all topics contain strange ones.

The O.P. said:-" there have been some strange posts 'on this Forum' in different places" -- not just in this section.

the 'strangeness' ( it seems to me, that is -- 'Randonneur' may possibly have been referring to something quite different) lies in the inserting of provocative views/ideas into topics which don't appear to require them and awaiting the results of such 'stirring', then being bored/surprised when none of us 'regulars' accepted the bait.

But then, as I discovered when living in West Yorkshire, that appears to be the way that Tykes operate!

;-)

Colin.

P.S. Of course I know the Stanley Holloway monologues - you don't need to emphasise it with two posts!

C.

Symbol Owner - 2014-08-14 12:16 PM

clifford60 - 2014-08-14 12:01 PM

. As for strange posts, how can a section that invites posts on all topics contain strange ones.

The O.P. said:-" there have been some strange posts 'on this Forum' in different places" -- not just in this section.

the 'strangeness' ( it seems to me, that is -- 'Randonneur' may possibly have been referring to something quite different) lies in the inserting of provocative views/ideas into topics which don't appear to require them and awaiting the results of such 'stirring', then being bored/surprised when none of us 'regulars' accepted the bait.

But then, as I discovered when living in West Yorkshire, that appears to be the way that Tykes operate!

;-)

Colin.

P.S. Of course I know the Stanley Holloway monologues - you don't need to emphasise it with two posts!

C.

One is trying to work out by my great powers of deduction just who you could possibly mean with your West Yorkshire / Tyke comment ;-) :D (>) (^) (^)

Huddersfield is in West Yorkshire as is Leeds ... Rossendale is not and I don't think Sussex is either .... I'm struggling ... Give us a clue ?

In Yorkshire we certainly do not go around provoking people and stirring them up, not if you want a long life. As for double messages, slip of the finger on a slow computer. If you find my posts or replies unsatisfactory, ignore them and move on because I certainly will not be tailoring my views to keep you or anyone else happy. I say as I see and sod the consequences. We obviously live in two different Englands.

Symbol Owner - 2014-08-14 12:34 PM

My comments were aimed entirely aat the 'stranger' from Leeds, Antony.

But -- as you know -- I first learned about 'stirring' when living in Huddersfield and Holmfirth --50 years ago!

Cheers,

Colin.

I must be slipping .... Not to blame for something for once ... I need to start a stirring thread on Sumat ... Let me think ... No thinking gives me headache so here goes ... what about a thread on ebikes or is it a myth about camper gassing ?

Randonneur - 2014-08-13 5:00 PM

Just recently there have been some very strange posts on this forum in different places. Being the cynic that I am I wonder whether we as a Forum are being played by a stranger.

I wonder if you would like to expand on that statement 'Randonneur'?

Was Clifford 60's instant reply (due, presumably, to guilt!) 'on the ball'? -- or did you have completely different posts in mind?

Did I identify the 'stranger' ( or 'strangers', if you include 'sicknote') correctly, I wonder?

I would be interested in your reply.

Cheers.

Colin.

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-08-15 7:29 PM

There were grumbles recently about drivel and it looks as if most of the postings on this topic fit that bill very well, including the title?

Good job nobody forces us to read it init!

Wots wrong with drivel Rich 8-)..............Some folk have spent so long working they don't know how to enjoy life :-S......................once they retire :-|..............

Archived