Ebay is addictive

Pampam

Have put my driveaway awning on ebay and have had eleven! Bids so far; £60.00 also my thermal windscreen shield 22 bids £40.00 am sorting through house getting as much "stuff"together to sell its definately addictive lol pp:). This time next year Rodney we'll be millionaires !!

Yes it is. Since we bought our 2 bedroom French house in January we have been aware that we need to get rid of some stuff from our present 5 bedroom house, so Ebay it is.

We have so far sold a Jeep Cherokee, 2 x electric bikes, all the paraphinalia for a 2 kart racing team, an Ikea desk, 2 sailing safety harnesses,an inflatable canoe, and a bike rack, but there is still plenty to go. Unfortunately we have also bought on Ebay 3 x big leather armchairs, a trailer, a wood burning stove, a plaster board machine, a 1ton hoist, 2x slings, a spare part for the strimmer, and a kitchen table.

The more perceptive amongst you will see that I have cleared the garage, which is my responsibility. Cosmopolitan Girl has done less well. She still has 3 x desks, 7 x armchairs, a spare dining table and 4 x chairs, a spare kitchen table, etc., the Ikea desk was dismantled and stored in the garage and so came under my remit.

We still have 160 days to go before we have to leave, so I'm sure CG will get it all sorted in time for the move, she says.

AGD

Archies grandad :- if you need any plasterboards my son has a plasterboard recycling plant and he has thousands of "seconds" which are really cheap as chips. If you doing up your new place on a budget . Re ebay bit dissapointed at the moment the awning seems to have come to a stop ! Lol ive been looking at woodburning stoves for my garage theres an old caravan one on ebay but it has no glass in and i suppose its hard to replace :you sound like your going on a bit of an adventure :- very exciting :perhaps c girls gear can go on the trailer you have bought and take it to france to your new chateaux .... Heyup ive just had another bid on my awning ... Getting excited now ! Pp:)

Eyup archiesgrandad can i ask why youve decided to move to france ?? Also can i add that recycling plant does sound rather " grand" which of course it isnt ! But there are thousands of substandard plasterboards stacked in there if you should need any ...... Before they go thru thresher : i only mentioned it because you said youd got a plasterboard machine (i presume it makes plasterboard ,and thought why bother when you can get these for next to nowt ) pp:)

We are moving to France because CG has family connections there and now that we are retired we have no remaining family in the UK. The plasterboard machine is a simple lifting device which will lift a plaster board into place and hold it there whilst you fasten it.

We source most of our materials out there because the costs work better that way, and it also is part of the bribery needed to keep Bob the Artisan happy if from time to time he gets a kick-back from the suppliers.

AGD

Pampam - 2014-08-14 8:31 PM

Have put my driveaway awning on ebay and have had eleven! Bids so far; £60.00 also my thermal windscreen shield 22 bids £40.00 am sorting through house getting as much "stuff"together to sell its definately addictive lol pp:). This time next year Rodney we'll be millionaires !!

Sorry to disappoint but you ain't got NOWT on us ... not that we're anything like millionaires! :D We do a bit of buying from car boot sales and the like and then sell it on, latest big profit was for a 10 man tent with a footprint and porch, used once, which had cost about £700 in total, we got it from a car boot sale for £125 and sold the tent and footprint for £280 (Gumtree) and the porch for £135 (on Ebay = £170 less fees and postage so ended up with about £135) making a net profit £290 ... :D

Ref Ebay again .. don't forget when working out how much you want for an item (minimum) to take into account the fees etc you'll pay once it's sold, for example:

if you sell something for £100 for collection only you'll only have to take off your 'profit' the following:

£ .35 - your listing fee (unless its one of your 'free' listings)

£10.00 - final value fee of 10% on the item price

£10.35 = Total selling fees

so, with an income of £100.00 less fees of £10.35, net profit £89.65

BUT

if you sell something for £100 which you agree to post for £10.00 making a total income of £110, and accept Paypal as payment you'll have to pay:

£ .35 - your listing fee (unless its one of your 'free' listings)

£10.00 - final value fee of 10% on the item price

£ 1.00 - final value fee of 10% on the £10 P&P you've charged

£ 3.94 - Paypal fee of 3.4% + 20p on the £110 price received

£15.29 = Total selling fees

so, with an income of £110.00 less fees and P&P of £15.29, net profit £84.71

Add to this the cost of your packing materials and having to take it to the Post Office/courier and whilst it may not be a massive amount for a single item, it soon adds up if you sell a few!

Archived