Archies campsites poi

davidmac

Hi i bought a new tomtom last week and have spent this afternoon installing the latest map updates.It took about 30 min to download onto my computer and has taken about 6 hours so far to install 40% onto the sat nav. Would it take a similar amount of time to download and install the Archies campsites POIs for europe onto the satnav?

Regards David

Hi

The volume data for mapping is very significant, especially if its covering Europe. The data for pois is really quite small so shouldn't take long to download. So hopefully it won't take very long. I don't remember having any problems with it and I must say Archies poi seems very comprehensive. I haven't found one he doesn't list.

gonewalkabout - 2014-08-17 9:43 PM

Hi

The volume data for mapping is very significant, especially if its covering Europe. The data for pois is really quite small so shouldn't take long to download. So hopefully it won't take very long. I don't remember having any problems with it and I must say Archies poi seems very comprehensive. I haven't found one he doesn't list.

I'd agree with this, though it is not always the case that the co-ordinates are for the site entrance, which can sometimes mislead the sat nav as to which road it is in. If you know where you intend staying, it is worth checking the entrance location in Google Earth, and correcting accordingly, before you roll up!

Archived