Snooper madness

mildi

My snooper S8000 came with map updates for life.

I did the last map update in May this year just before we left for France and had nothing but problems for the whole trip and most of the time just gave up using it and used the Garmin (car) satnav.

On our route home we gave the Snooper another chance, we were in Vendome, just north of Tours.

I put our destination as Calais and the route avoiding toll was 29hours and seven minutes going via Rennes, Portsmouth, Dover and then the ferry to Calais. Needless to say my Tourette's came back and the air turned blue.

I then phoned Snooper who told me there is a problem with the map update and some of the information on the mapping is causing the problem and that I could switch it to car mode which may help. I explained that we are driving a motorhome over 3m high and 11.5m long with the car on tow and if I wanted a car satnav I would have bought one for £50.

He then explained that they are trying to fix the problem and they have a software update which should help, which he emailed and I installed, it was better but it is still not right. We have lost any faith we had in the snooper which did work very well last year when we spent nearly 7 months travelling apart from the mp3 player on it stopped working, shame it wasn't the TV tuner as we never use that and could never see the point of it anyway.

I did ask the snooper tech man why if you knew there was a problem with the map update, why they didn't send an email to let people know, he explained that it wouldn't be possible to email everyone.

I explained that you send me an email every week or so telling me of the other wonderful products that you would like me to purchase so why nothing to say the map update was faulty - no answer!

So if you have done a map update on you snooper and are having problems, take a look at their website or contact the tech people.

If you haven't done a map update............don't do it and wait till they have the correct fix for it.

The next day I had an email from snooper .....Make Your Bank Holiday Trip More Enjoyable With Snooper.

I think with the last map update it should be.......... buy a snooper and see the world!!!!

Guest JudgeMental
Have no experience with snooper and understand your frustration. Have used Garmin for many years..far from perfect but work reasonably OK. I don't trust the sat nav to direct us in a suitable direction for one minute, that's why I and others write our own routes on PC and upload to device...then you have no one to blame but yourself if you get it wrong. They assist but cannot be relied upon to get it right..pretty clueless actually :-D

I have just done another map update as they told me there was a second one I had to do, on checking their website I could find no mention of the mapping problems and no link to the software update to improve it. So I think their policy is to say nothing until customers call to complain..........mmmm.. customer service or not for what is a very expensive product.

Archived