Pocketmags offline reader problems

enfieldrover

Hi I wonder if anyone else is having problems reading their downloaded MMM on the Pocketmags offline reader. I have a windows 8 laptop.

I can download the mags and read them online but when I am in the motorhome without wifi the reader usually refuses to work - it acts as if the magazines were not fully down loaded.

I have reported this to pocketmags some months ago and keep chasing them up but get no support at all.

I have reinstalled pocket mags several times.

I may have to insist on having my money back as I only took the subscription so that I could read (the excellent) MMM when on the road.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Cheers

Graham

enfieldrover - 2014-08-21 3:32 PM

Hi I wonder if anyone else is having problems reading their downloaded MMM on the Pocketmags offline reader. I have a windows 8 laptop.

I can download the mags and read them online but when I am in the motorhome without wifi the reader usually refuses to work - it acts as if the magazines were not fully down loaded.

I have reported this to pocketmags some months ago and keep chasing them up but get no support at all.

I have reinstalled pocket mags several times.

I may have to insist on having my money back as I only took the subscription so that I could read (the excellent) MMM when on the road.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Cheers

Graham

Hi,

I was in the same boat last year but I didn't pay them any money as I tried it out with one of the free test mags. I have a notebook with Win7

I have mentioned this to them several times that the offline reader doesn't work, Pocketmags don't seem much interested as most of the emails I sent asking for help were ignored until I raised the point to MMM.

Still doesn't work and to my knowledge never has. I gave up and if we are away I download Practical Motorhome as theirs works really well.

I guess MMM don't care much either as they seem to have the digital version being run on an inferior program. I would prefer MMM to read but they don't want my money!!!

I thought it was just me with this problem,

Thanks for that mildi,

I had suspected that other people had had this problem.

I may well follow suite and subscribe to Practical Motorhome digital editial edition and cancel my MMM subscription and demand my money back.

The message to send out is:

Do not subscribe to MMM digital edition. It does not work offline on a PC and you will get no support from pocket mags or MMM.

Thanks again

Graham

enfieldrover - 2014-08-23 8:48 AM

Thanks for that mildi,

I had suspected that other people had had this problem.

I may well follow suite and subscribe to Practical Motorhome digital editial edition and cancel my MMM subscription and demand my money back.

The message to send out is:

Do not subscribe to MMM digital edition. It does not work offline on a PC and you will get no support from pocket mags or MMM.

Thanks again

Graham

Hi Graham,

Good luck getting your money back, I guess you just have to tell them it is not fit for purpose.

Not sure how easy that will be as my experience of pocketmags is there is nothing in the way of customer service. Practical Motorhome was very easy to use and no problems reading offline, I used campsite free Wi-Fi to do it which was ideal.

Mark.

Archived