red warning light fixed?

bazooka

After taking the van for a run today i tried pushing the handbrake own hard till it bottoned out with a metallic sound,irepeated this 4 or 5 times and the brake light went out.Wether this is permenent or not remains to be seen.thanks for all the sugestions.

Baz

Glad you are out of the red light area!

I do seem to recall that the handbrake was mentioned as a quick, free and simple possible cure?

Did you check the switch for security and operation and you might even be able to adjust it a bit to prevent it coming on quite so soon?

HHi tracker,i did remove the plastic covering and saw a round plastic plunger type that combressed when the handbrake was dropped,but not knowing what to do next ireplaced the coverand the rest was in my previous post.It looks like it could be a faulty switchbut only time will tell.At the moment alls well.

Baz

As an option you could tape the switch closed and not have to worry about it as most of us are capable of lowering a handbrake enough to stop the brakes binding and we all managed perectly well for many many years without the arguably pointless added complexity of a little red light to worry about!!

Archived