truma untra heat system

terry1956

hi all. can anyone help me out here. My motorhome is fitted with the truma ultra heat system. I know that this works light an electric fire but giving hot water as well. the thing is does this stop the normal gas fired heater from working. I can get the blower to work only if the ultra heat system is off. and I cant get the gas part of the heater to fire up at all, with the ultra heat system on or off. I have checked the gas is flowing ok, checked the water is free of air. I don't hear any clicking from start up like I did with my last gas heater. is this due to maybe to a discharged battery in the heater. if so what is needed to get to this battery and what type is it.michael

hi, what I have is the gas fire what truma model it is I cant say as they all look the same. at the real is a large fan housing. also fitted in the motorhome is the ultra system, one control for water heating ( works ) and one for heating ( works) what I cant get to work is the blown air part or the gas part of the system. it looks like it only works using the electric element with no blown air. this is fitted to an auto trail motorhome. I have the manuals but they are next to useless. michael

It is very difficult to explain how to operate the heater by written instructions. I take it you have only recently acquired this. If from a dealer I would go back and ask them to explain again. Do you know anyone with a motorhome to help as this system is commonly fitted.

Archived