Delve in side panel

Cliffy

Any good body shop should be able to do it preferably one that as experience with Motorhomes.

Although the panels are pre coated, providing the spray shop has a spectrum anaysler they can get an colour exact match and you won't notice the area has been sprayed in.

Depends on the size and location of the damage, but an old and well established ploy is to cover the damaged area with a plastic vent cover often available online from the likes of Towsure, O'Learys, Charles & Son etc. in a variety of sizes, or from one of the stands at motorhome shows?

PS Dangerous things shower blocks and they should carry a health of your van warning, along with low fence posts and bollards - especially bollards!

Guest JudgeMental
As above.....but you can also look around for a local "smart repair" these guys can be very good and reasonably priced compared to garages who use them as well and charge double

Thanks for the replies.

I have looked at the possibility of covering the dent with a vent cover, it would not look right but a side flector may do the job.

There is not a "smart repair" nearby but "caravan medic" has been recomended, has anyone had experience of this company?

Guest JudgeMental

Your not looking properly ther are loads, who else do you think repairs the dings and scrapes on the cars on deale forecourts.......

I'm In Brighton this weekend so can't post links. Just put this in google

"mobile smart car repair, teesside"

Guest pelmetman
But beware.............any monkey can buy a franchise ;-).............Friends of ours used a local to them "Chipsaway" flunky who made a right balls up of the job............ended up going to a proper bodyshop to be sorted *-)..............

JudgeMental - 2014-09-06 7:24 PM

Your not looking properly ther are loads, who else do you think repairs the dings and scrapes on the cars on deale forecourts.......

I'm In Brighton this weekend so can't post links. Just put this in google

"mobile smart car repair, teesside"

I was looking for a company called "smart repairs" 8o| I have found a company locally that may be able to do a repair. I think I may try sticking an orange reflector over it and see how it looks. If OK I will leave it and get other bits and pieces done at the same time at a later date.

Guest JudgeMental
I have used "chips away" on two occasions in south London where we live. its a franchise operation and only as good as the man you get I guess, but ours very good. They match paint very well. and can be surprisingly reasonable. Maybe better then an out of place reflector me thinks......

Colin Leake - 2014-09-10 10:24 PM

That's the sort of ingenious problem solving I like. Well done.

I can't claim full credit it is a variation on the suggestion by Tracker to use vent covers, then I looked out of the window at a caravan pitched next to me and I had a eureka moment when I noticed his side reflectors

The reflectors came with a new bike. They are meant to clip on the spokes. I just ground the back pad off them.

Now I have had positive feedback I will stick them on with strong double sided sticky tape so I don't affect the paintwork by using glue.

maggyd - 2014-09-10 5:33 PM

Looks fine to me ;-) I would put another lower down just above the trim you never know it might save you having a side swipe if driving in the dark I have seen vans reflecting on the side when the head lights hit it.

I think you are right. I have another pair of reflectors and it would look even more genuine and be a good safety marker in the dark as you say.

Archived