Headlight deflectors

marv04

f you place them directly on the head lamp lens you risk crazing the plastic from the localised heat build up. You are best to fit headlamp protectors and the masks can be fixed to them.

The protectors actually come with sticky patches to mask the beam.

example.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-OE-Fiat-Ducato-Headlamp-Protector-Converter-MY-2002-46002368-/201140297006?_trksid=p2054897.l4275#ht_808wt_1136

You may find cheaper somewhere.

I use the silver round blockers rather than black patches and in many years of travel and use have never had a lens deteriorate.

I don't know why some do and some don't deteriorate but maybe the silver ones cause less heat build up than the black ones?

However if you leave them on it will not matter and the van still passes an MOT, well mine did and it does not seem to make a lot of difference to night driving in the UK - not that we do much of that!

I would get a set of headlamp covers and stick the deflectors onto them. Then when you get to the ferry for home just take them off. We do this and have just bought a new set after 8 years of use, as OH broke one . This also saves the headlight getting damaged by stones, well worth the £40.00ish we paid for them

PJay

Archived