Electric Bike Battery

ron.

Protanium BP-L2410EB Battery.

Morning all. Does anyone know a supplier of the above battery to fit a Schwinn Streamline electric bike please? The battery is made in Taiwan by a firm called Welldone but is no longer available from the British ex importers.

I know that some members here have these bikes so I'm hoping to get lucky as its hard going without power over any decent distance. *-)

Guest JudgeMental

at 6 years its finished...

If you google "recelling e bike batteries" a few options pop up, but only some can be recelled. wiring in a cheap Chinese replacement probably cheapest option. ask on pedelec.....

Guest JudgeMental
ron. - 2014-09-11 5:59 PM

Thank you Judge. I hope not (six years and had it) as we have another same bike and that battery is perfect - so far ! :-(

Sorry Ron, but even for the best makes of battery's from the likes of Panasonic and Bosch, 6 years of use is a stretch and capacity will be well down. I know someone with a Kalkhoff (panasonic) bike who uses it every day for commuting and at 6 years battery still handles the commute (but he has to charge it both ends) this unusual...

I know nothing of your battery chemistry etc...and how it has been maintained as if it has just been left over winter without a maintenance regime it will have suffered. its not the end of the world, a cheap chinese replacement can be had for £200 which will get you back on the road.....

if you had bought a well known brand of bike that are still available, battery replacement not an issue as loads of batteries available at good prices on german ebay.

Thanks for the advice chaps. Apparently the battery is well known and I can get it re-celled at a best price of £350 so far. I have no complaints about the bike, or the batteries which have a range of fifty miles plus per charge, so at least I have a way out. I havent been able to find a cheapo replacement though but I'll keep looking for a while.

Have fun

Ron

Thanks for that Geoff. Only problem is that they describe it as a model SH and then later as an EB. I will check with them tomorrow and if it means the same battery I will order. It looks right from the photo. Thanks again.

Ron

Guest JudgeMental
ron. - 2014-09-15 6:12 PM

Thanks for that Geoff. Only problem is that they describe it as a model SH and then later as an EB. I will check with them tomorrow and if it means the same battery I will order. It looks right from the photo. Thanks again.

Ron

its not a replacement but a re cell service...just email them details of your battery.

Guest JudgeMental
ron. - 2014-09-15 10:13 PM

Thanks Judge I didn't realise that. I really must learn some German language, it's one of our regular destinations anyway! *-)

If you view through Google Chrome it should automatically translate for you. Or put the www.address into Goggle translate.

You should think about getting both batteries done...6 years a bit of a stretch for an e bike battery even the top ones. have you tried pedelec as they nay know a local re cell service.

Archived