Power Steering Hose "Help"

dipstick0_0

The low pressure power steering hose on my 2001 Boxer requires changing I have called our local Peugeot Dealer for it but he has informed me it is no longer available

Can any of you guys help with a name or phone no: of anyone who can supply one

Must be somewhere that I can get one

Thanks in advance for any help :-( :-( :$

Guest pelmetman

Curious that you should say that :-S..................As having recently had my camper fitted with power steering, the only non reconditioned parts he had to get from the scrappy were the hoses :-S............

Have searched to no avail. Your best option seems to be to have one made up by a hydraulic hose supplier from steel or aluminium alloy tubing and interconnect straight sections and couplings with normal rubber hose suitable for power steering oil. This is a normal way of making up replacement hoses. Commercial garages should also be able to make one up for you as they do this for trucks a lot. An hydraulic hose supplier should also make up high pressure ones if needed.

What you might be able to do is buy one for a later vehicle where say the bottom is the same shape as required but top needs to be altered or vica versa. Problem with this is you often need to actually see the part. Would not surpise me though if ones for later vehcles are very close.

Be a lot easier and neater if you can get a hose which maybe just needs modifying.

edit - just had a quick look - seem to be a totally different shape looking at parts list illustrations.

Archived