Drone over Spanish Aire

BKen1

Just been looking for a place to stay in or near Madrid for the Air Show in October and came across this video showing the New Aire inauguration meeting in Pinto just south of Madrid earlier this year.... a little bit dramatic music but interesting footage.

Looks ideal for what I want the aire that is will be there in October .

Enjoy

Brian

pelmetman - 2014-09-17 4:34 PM

That should get the anti aire/car park crowd frothing at the mouth 8-)............ next to a dual carriageway to :D..................

Just to shut them up a photo of us on an Aire we have been on for the last 3 nights beside the Med. (lol)

P1090282.JPG.47556a5df2c510213fb1436847e3808a.JPG

pelmetman - 2014-09-17 5:34 PM

That should get the anti aire/car park crowd frothing at the mouth 8-)............ next to a dual carriageway to :D..................

Didnt realise there was a large anti Aire/car park brigade on here ...could it be the ones who have not been to France and Spain or are they just flushed with money and use Camp Sites.

Guest pelmetman
BKen1 - 2014-09-18 12:00 PM

pelmetman - 2014-09-17 5:34 PM

Didnt realise there was a large anti Aire/car park brigade on here ....

Aah........... bless your innocents Brian (lol) (lol)............

BKen1 - 2014-09-18 11:57 AM

Nice spot ...dont keep us in suspense ..where is it Lenny ???

Saints Marie's de la Mer , only little town with loads of good fish restaurants, has 5 Aires this one is the wild one on East side of town, nice once the vans either side of us moved.

Suffering at the moment now in St. Remey de Provence for the Jazz festival had to go to a site, now I know why the boss hates sites although it's quite nice as sites go you feel imprisoned give us an Aire any day,

Have to remember some stupid code to get back in after 8 pm how's that going to work after the beer, wine & Jazz.

Also have to leave by midday sites are real stupid.

A follow up to my one night on a site experience.

Warm night so everyone has doors & windows open, so of course there is one Frenchman who has to have his TV loud enough for everyone on site to hear, heard a car driving around site at 4:30am, all pitches had 15 foot high hedges (I like hedged pitches but not that high) so no sun and to cap it all they lost my Camping Card.

Fared much better the next couple of nights found a great wild spot in the Aprilles only a couple of miles from town and with some great walking.

Guest pelmetman
lennyhb - 2014-09-17 8:02 PM

Just to shut them up a photo of us on an Aire we have been on for the last 3 nights beside the Med. (lol)

I trump your sea view Aire with two with chateau views ;-)................one free and the other cost 4€ 8-)....

P1010089-001.JPG.a888220891e092239467982bbc96f278.JPG

P1010069-001.JPG.b281cd303825408bc2aa8ad7046e64be.JPG

Guest Had Enough
lennyhb - 2014-09-18 6:02 PM

Have to remember some stupid code to get back in after 8 pm how's that going to work after the beer, wine & Jazz.

Also have to leave by midday sites are real stupid.

Here's a tip. If you're in the habit of coming back drunk, write it on a bit of paper, it's not rocket science.

And I think that most of us can work out why hotels and campsites have a leaving time. I can just imagine your response if you arrived on a site at 4.00 pm to be told that you couldn't pitch up because the previous occupant hadn't left. I suspect that you may have been banging on about 'stupid sites' again. *-)

And as for feeling 'imprisoned'. Give us a break! *-) The only time I feel imprisoned is on aires with a 'van four feet on either side of me!

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-09-24 2:34 PM

The only time I feel imprisoned is on aires with a 'van four feet on either side of me!

You need the right Aires and graces Frank ;-)..............you clearly graced the wrong Aire :D

lennyhb - 2014-09-22 9:08 PM

Warm night so everyone has doors & windows open, so of course there is one Frenchman who has to have his TV loud enough for everyone on site to hear, heard a car driving around site at 4:30am, .....

.[/quote

Goodness, How awful.

I can't imagine that would ever happen around an aire.

:-|

Well here in nz you have to vacate sites by 10am so don't feel too hard done to.And up here in the north island the roads are shaking our auto-trail delaware to bits so thinking of downsizing to a pvc when our 2 years from importation are up and we can sell it without paying the duty.We've both missed our trip to france this year(especially for the food) but well compensated by wonderful scenery out here and different attitude to motorhomers unlike the petty minded councils in uk.Plenty of places around here to wild camp but you must be certified as self contained.And most people seem to want a camper or caravan or rouncd here a boat. You see lots of used buses from japan that have been converted to campers because new ones are very expensive to buy.But the culture is here and noone looks down on these old buses trundling about.So i think we'll be staying here cos we love it.

malc d - 2014-09-24 7:23 PM

lennyhb - 2014-09-22 9:08 PM

Warm night so everyone has doors & windows open, so of course there is one Frenchman who has to have his TV loud enough for everyone on site to hear, heard a car driving around site at 4:30am, .....

.[/quote

Goodness, How awful.

I can't imagine that would ever happen around an aire.

:-|

Too true but then I'm a Motorhome newbie only been a Motorhomer for 6 years never had any problems on Aires and there would be no one to loose my camping card.

The site swore bind they didn't have my card the boss woman got quite arsey with me. Guess what was in the post when I got home today?

shirles - 2014-09-28 10:55 AM

Well here in nz you have to vacate sites by 10am so don't feel too hard done to.And up here in the north island the roads are shaking our auto-trail delaware to bits so thinking of downsizing to a pvc when our 2 years from importation are up and we can sell it without paying the duty.We've both missed our trip to france this year(especially for the food) but well compensated by wonderful scenery out here and different attitude to motorhomers unlike the petty minded councils in uk.Plenty of places around here to wild camp but you must be certified as self contained.And most people seem to want a camper or caravan or rouncd here a boat. You see lots of used buses from japan that have been converted to campers because new ones are very expensive to buy.But the culture is here and noone looks down on these old buses trundling about.So i think we'll be staying here cos we love it.

10 o'clock blimey, I would have to leave in me jarmers.(lol)

Sounds like the roads are almost as bad as UK ones.

pelmetman - 2014-09-24 2:29 PM

I trump your sea view Aire with two with chateau views ;-)................one free and the other cost 4€ 8-)....

Shame about the scrap van dumped in front of the house in the second pic though. (lol)

Guest pelmetman

WHAAAAT!!! 8-)...............Chairs out on an Aire, don't you know the rules 8-)...............

Hanging and quartering is too good for the likes of you :D..............

PS..... Nice aires I suspect your still traveling?...............Back home today :'(..............our next trip is 12 weeks away :-S...............

pelmetman - 2014-09-30 6:52 PM

WHAAAAT!!! 8-)...............Chairs out on an Aire, don't you know the rules 8-)...............

PS..... Nice aires I suspect your still traveling?...............Back home today :'(..............our next trip is 12 weeks away :-S...............

Need your eyes testing Dave I did say they were wild spots.

pepe63 - 2014-09-30 7:23 PM

Blimey Lenny..a couple of those spots appear to be a helluva traipse to the washing-up lean-to....

..and carrying enough ehu leads must really eat into your payload! (lol)

Don't carry any hook up leads, loads of solar on the roof, as we found out on a desert trek in India, sand does the washing up quite well. (lol)

That spot on the beach was only about 5 miles from civilization what more could you want. :D

Guest pelmetman
lennyhb - 2014-09-30 7:42 PM

pelmetman - 2014-09-30 6:52 PM

Need your eyes testing Dave I did say they were wild spots.

Paah *-)..................if you get your kicks from being in the Wild?........you want to spend a bit more time on here Lenny ;-)............ wild is for wimps.............on here........ it gets positively angry :D......

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2014-09-29 9:23 PM

pelmetman - 2014-09-24 2:29 PM

Shame about the scrap van dumped in front of the house in the second pic though. (lol)

That heap of scrap just did another 1600 miles around France without missing a beat B-)..............I see you've changed your Merc Peter ;-)..................Did the Le Voyager not prove that reliable? :D................

Archived