£ v € after the Scottish vote

Mike B.

If Scotland vote yes today, it is expected the pound will do a bit of a nosedive in the short term after being quite high for last few weeks.

For anyone going into Europe in near future-Caxton offering €1.2360 at the moment. Might be worth loading a few quids worth

It's the English £ Scotland will be using the Whaggis in future

[OTE]Robinhood - 2014-09-18 1:19 PM

Mike B. - 2014-09-18 1:12 PM

If Scotland vote yes today, it is expected the pound will do a bit of a nosedive in the short term after being quite high for last few weeks.

....would that be the Scottish pound, or the English (Welsh and Northern Irish) pound?

;-)

Guest pelmetman

We were in France when Britain got kicked out of the ERM...........we're in France again :D...........

I wonder if that's an omen 8-)...........

Guest pelmetman
Cliffy - 2014-09-18 9:12 PM

Caxton's rate has just gone up to €1.24 -£1.

Do they think the NOs have it?

I expect so........ seeing as Cameron and Co have given the Scots a blank cheque signed by the English 8-).........

Cameron has given no blank cheques to Scotland I'm glad to say. I believe what he means is that Scotland will in future be given even greater opportunity to allocate what funds are made available to it in whatever way it judges best!!! Thank god I no longer live there. By the way I am Scottish born and bred, and have worked my entire working life in Scottish companies or in British companies with Scottish locations. Life assurance, Shipbuilding twice, Car manufacturing twice, Oil industry, Local government, and Development corporation. My main bitch about some of the Scots (in common with some people in the rest of the UK ) is that too many of them want expect and demand other people to subsidise them......

Guest pelmetman
jocie - 2014-09-19 9:48 AM

Cameron has given no blank cheques to Scotland I'm glad to say. I believe what he means is that Scotland will in future be given even greater opportunity to allocate what funds are made available to it in whatever way it judges best!!! Thank god I no longer live there. By the way I am Scottish born and bred, and have worked my entire working life in Scottish companies or in British companies with Scottish locations. Life assurance, Shipbuilding twice, Car manufacturing twice, Oil industry, Local government, and Development corporation. My main bitch about some of the Scots (in common with some people in the rest of the UK ) is that too many of them want expect and demand other people to subsidise them......

I thought Cameron & CO said they would keep the Barnett formula? :-S ............

Which means they'll be getting more cash per head than the English :-|.............

Sorry, you are correct about that I think, but I hope that whatever happens with the four countries that make up the U.K. we in England should make damned sure if we can that we get a fairer system than we have at present , by which I mean that the "West Lothian Question" is answered to our satisfaction.

Archived